ISA Tax - Team Leader
What you will be responsible for:
As Senior Associate you will:
- Prepare and review complex federal, state and city income and franchise tax returns. This requires taking source accounting data and ensuring necessary adjustments are processed to ensure the data is now tax compliant. This requires strong use of excel, ability to create and audit take work papers.
- Coordinate daily operational efforts of the staff to ensure timely and accurate reporting and adherence to tax compliance laws. Ability to ensure all necessary adjustments has been made.
- Review state and city license fee forms, compliance packages, and complex distribution analyses.
- Coordinate efforts with Fund Administration for the development of tax and regulatory compliance for reporting to regulatory agencies, Board of Directors, and fund officers.
- Act as a liaison between State Street Bank and external audit firms and regulatory agencies.
- Ability to answer queries on the tax work papers.
- Ability to justify adjustments that have been made providing appropriate supporting work papers.
- Understand and format information to compile audit and tax work papers and tax returns.
- Oversees the Tax Administrators assigned.
- Completes performance management functions for Tax Administrators assigned.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.