Experienced Chartered Accountant - Banking #191816
Your field of responsibility
- Provide USGAAP, Swiss GAAP and IFRS technical advice to optimize accounting treatment across various topics and product areas as part of new business projects, corporate development, front office structuring and financial reporting.
- Review new trades and perform consolidation assessments for new CS entities and special purpose entities.
- Prepare technical memos and communicate accounting solutions effectively to stakeholders which includes front office, support functions and auditors.
- Stay abreast of accounting developments, represent CS on industry forums and provide technical input as part of new policy implementation.
Your future colleagues
The Accounting Policy and Assurance Group (APAG) is a Global team within Credit Suisse’s Group Finance function. APAG includes Transaction Support, New Policy Implementation and Policy Development.
This is a role within the Transaction Support team in Switzerland which provides technical support for the CS entities in Switzerland.
Although the role is based in Zurich, there is a considerable amount of global interaction with team members and stakeholders in other regions.
Due to the nature of the function, the role offers a high degree of variety and learning opportunity both in terms of product and technical accounting knowledge.
The team is friendly and supportive with a strong work ethos and provides a strong foundation for an individual to develop and collaborate in a dynamic team.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
Your skills and experience
- Chartered Accountant qualification
- 5+ years of proven work experience in the banking industry with strong background in accounting policies and accounting standards
- Experience in accounting policy / standard application in private banking, wealth management and asset management, either through hands-on experience or relevant audit or accounting advisory experience.
- A solid understanding of banking as well as group internal transactions or corporate transactions.
- Proficient in dealing with all accounting aspects of banking products, i.e. recognition and measurement, presentation and disclosure with a focus on; derivatives, transfer of financial assets/securitization, all aspects of business combination and disposal, consolidation including special purpose entities, revenue recognition, fair value measurement and loans.
- Detailed knowledge of either US GAAP or IFRS, if knowledge is primarily IFRS the candidate must have the willingness and ability to quickly adopt US GAAP.
- Outstanding communication skills – proven ability to work across region/function and present technical topics across various forums.
- Strong problem-solving skills - ability to quickly understand, structure, solve complex issues, mitigate risks/ manage conflicts, and provide pragmatic solutions.
- Strong analytical skills - proven ability to translate technical rules into operational speak for the business.
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic international multi-cultural environment
- Fluent in English and German both written and spoken
R. Lewis would be delighted to receive your application.
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion with a deep sense of belonging for all of us. We will consider flexible working opportunities where possible. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.