Senior Accountant - SEC Reporting
This person will join the SEC Reporting team within the Corporate Controller’s Group. This position is primarily responsible for tasks related to the Forms 10-Q/K, earnings release and Audit Committee decks.
The successful individual will be required to have strong interaction and working relationships with the business, operations, legal, and finance teams. The position will directly report to the Vice President, Manager of SEC Reporting in Chicago.
- Prepare assigned footnotes of the SEC Form 10-Q/K and tie-out support, with documented internal controls
- Prepare sections of the quarterly earnings release of the Form 8-K
- Draft discussion of Management’s Discussion and Analysis assigned sections in the 10-Q/K with input from Finance and management
- Prepare Audit Committee materials
- Prepare retirement plan financial statements and work with external auditor
- Process edits received from management and Legal
- Assist in preparing the quarterly disclosure checklist for review
- Participate in special projects or process improvements, as needed
- Oversight as one of the Workiva SEC platform administrators
- Ability to research, resolve and communicate complex accounting or reporting issues as they arise
- Ability to complete analytical activities and projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to meet strict deadlines by multi-tasking and prioritizing various assigned deliverables
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and solid documentation techniques
- Advanced Hyperion and Excel skills preferred
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting and/or Finance is required
- MBA or other advanced degree a plus
- CPA certification strongly preferred
- Experience in accounting, reporting and financial control requirements
- 4 to 6 years of corporate or industry experience
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.