As The contract Accountant you will be part of the senior leadership team, contributing to the overall strategy and performance of the contract to meet agreed business and service objectives. This role is based in Lincoln, Lincolnshire.
Responsible for all aspects of management reporting and financial control of the contract.What you'll be doing
What you will be doing:
- To act as a business partner to the appointed contract.
- Work with commercial, operational and senior leadership team on the preparation and delivery of business plans, budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- To implement and own a robust contract forecasting process both profit and cash.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and company procedures
- Monitor financial and non-financial KPIs.
- Understand and meet customer requirements, agreeing and implementing service levels and utilising feedback to improve service delivery.
- Work with operational management on cost control and monitoring and control of overheads
- Prepare monthly contract performance schedules, including profit & loss, balance sheet and cash flow together with commentary and analysis.
- Responsible for preparation of contract quarterly forecasts, annual budget and input to three year plan
- To proactively support and influence contract management
- To understand and report on contract risks and opportunities
- Preparation and reporting of activity analysis (service lines, pain/gain, lump sum, fleet utilisation, overtime reports etc).
What we are looking for:
- Professional Accountancy Qualification (CIMA/ACCA or Equivalent) with significant post Qualification experience.
- Good financial and commercial acumen with knowledge of budgetary control, profit & loss and financial reporting.
- Ability to analyse complex data with accuracy
- Good communicator and strong inter-personal skills
- Knowledge and experience of risk management
- Strong IT skills and knowledge of MS Office, Excel, Word etc
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
The way we live our lives is changing fast: where and how we live, work, travel, shop, relax and socialise. The evolving nature of our society means we all need to shape our environment to meet a complex array of individual and collective needs.
Living Places works in partnership with Local Authorities to consult, finance, design, build and manage the essential place infrastructure that local communities and national economies need to prosper and grow.
We are right at the heart of a dynamic place shaping agenda that brings Local Authorities, local communities, Central Government, and the Private Sector together to create safe, sustainable, flexible and dynamic public spaces geared to community social need, economic growth and personal well-being as well as being environmentally sustainable.
The provision of maintenance services for highways is only a small part of what is really needed. Our focus has moved beyond the road to deliver the potential of the street: a dynamic public place that connects and combines local community and business needs, encourages social interaction and helps pedestrians, motorists, bus riders, and cyclists to coexist safely. Building great public spaces with resource efficient assets enables functional, flexible and inspirational places to be at the heart of the community.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.