2023 Graduate Program North America - Accounting & Finance
How often can you find a multi-billion-dollar company that offers you flexibility to change in your career as your interests change? You just did. Kerry's unique culture and commitment to change in the food, beverage, and pharma industries offers support and opportunities as your interests and need to explore grow. If fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and global opportunities appeal to you, then introduce yourself!
Kerry is the world’s leading taste and nutrition partner for the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries. We innovate with our customers to create great tasting products, with improved nutrition and functionality, while ensuring better impact for the planet. Our leading and proprietary consumer insights, global RD&A team of 1,000+ food scientists and local manufacturing footprint in 31 countries enable us to co-create with our customers across over 150 countries. At Kerry, we are driven to be our customers’ most valued partner, creating a world of sustainable nutrition, and will reach over 2 billion consumers with sustainable nutrition solutions by 2030.
Accounting & Finance Overview
You will partner with our different functions – ensuring our controls are robust and operating effectively as well as contributing to our business performance by bringing the best financial insights enabling Kerry to deliver on its goals. We strive to be one Finance team that is interconnected and accountable with Finance at the Heart of the Business and are committed to creating an engaging and motivating environment for our people, who are our most valued asset.
What you'll do
You will be exposed to a range of centers of expertise such as:
- Accountant, Financial Control, Tax and Treasury
- Part of a corporate finance team responsible for multiple tasks in area of Financial Control, Tax, Treasury, General Ledger, Monthly Financial Reporting, Balance Sheet Reconciliations, Statutory Accounts, Projections and Budgeting.
- Assist with standardizing of processes, highlighting and implementing changes within finance team to drive efficiencies.
- Assist in preparation and presentation of timely, accurate, value-added information to senior executive including financial analysis and presentations that assists in strategic decision making.
- Assist with monitoring and measuring financial performance of Kerry Americas against Key Performance Indicators. This includes working closely with commercial teams and Business Finance leads to analyze and report drivers of performance on a regular basis.
- Finance Analyst, Commercial
- Key resource to business unit Executive Management in development of business strategies including marketing, selling, and profitability improvement.
- Forecasting, Budgeting and Monthly Reporting responsibility for business along with communication to the business team.
- Support executive and leadership meeting agendas including presentation material, analyses and support.
- Understand market trends, dynamics, price/volume trends and outlooks in order to recommend actions that lead to profitable growth.
- Support sales/marketing with analysis aimed at customer retention, pricing, business at risk, new business and business lost impacts
- Manage new business pipeline reporting and assess impact of new opportunities on the business portfolio.
- Assess key commodity markets risk and the impact on pricing.
- Determine, validate and communicate quotes, credits and pricing to business teams
- Finance Analyst, Operations
- Review and monitor centralized processes, while collaborating with Plant Controllers to ensure adherence and while developing and implementing corrective actions.
- Analyze and book material purchase accruals, inventory adjustments, freight accrual and market adjustments in relation to North American inventory at each manufacturing location
- Variance reporting. Develop tools and reporting methods that identify and analyze key variables which affect the financial performance of each business unit; finished goods mix, cost of material, direct costs, formula mix, etc.
- Develop, prepare and present, mid-year and yearly budget projections
- Manage, review, audit and correct process manufacturing master data
- Assist in the development and implementation of process improvement initiatives across various regions and business units
Qualifications and Skills
What you'll need to be successful
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year accredited college or university in accounting/finance or related field
- Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to communicate effectively to all levels of an organization
- Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to build and maintain relationships and communicate professionally to all levels of an organization
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- A curious mindset
- Minimum 3.25 GPA
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. EEO is the Law poster can be found here. Additional information can also be here.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.