Manager - Financial Accounting Advisory Services
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Manager – Financial Accounting Advisory Services
Within EY's Assurance service line, Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) professionals provide advisory services encompassing accounting and regulatory support on accounting change and special matters; accounting processes and controls support; GAAP conversion and implementation; on call financial reporting advice; and transaction accounting and financial reporting assistance.
Your key responsibilities
The FAAS Manager have an opportunity to help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff. Responsibilities include:
- Be responsible for participating in and/or managing FAAS engagements.
- Collaborate with the executive director and client to determine a FAAS strategy that appropriately addresses risk and manages client expectations relating to deliverables.
- Ensure work is delivered timely and in compliance with regulatory requirements and in accordance with the FAAS service delivery framework.
- Develop internal relationships across the EMEIA FAAS network and work with other service lines in providing an integrated service delivery.
- Monitor the FAAS engagement team's performance against the budget, and alter if necessary.
- Consult with appropriate resources on complex accounting issues.
- Participate in business development initiatives and sales of new FAAS work.
- When required, manage the delivery of assurance engagements by defining the audit strategy in consultation with the executive director, coach and develop team members and execute audit engagements in compliance with Ernst & Young's policies and protocols.
- Contribute to the maintenance of an educational program across Assurance to continually develop personal skills of staff.
- Identify FAAS development opportunities and training needs across the Assurance practice for high performing Managers and Seniors.
Skills and attributes for success
- Ability and comfort level in researching client inquires and emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices and new technologies
- Effective team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Confident, independent and adaptable
- Strong work initiative and adaptability to new challenges and ideas
- Problem solving orientation, logical thinking, proactive mindset and service mentality
- Pleasant and extroverted personality with career aspirations
To qualify for the role you must have
- Degree in accounting or equivalent
- At least 5 to 6 years of experience working as an auditor for a large accounting firm and particular business/industry experience to meet special needs
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (ACCA)
- Analytical mindset and strong technical accounting skills in IFRS and local GAAP
- Strong business acumen and proven track record of managing a diverse client
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English and Hungarian
- Client oriented approach
- Deep understanding of the client's industry and marketplace
- Outstanding knowledge of Microsoft Excel
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What we offer
- You’ll be part of the world’s leading professional services network
- Exposure to a wide range of clients ensuring a varied workload
- Competitive salary and a personally tailored benefits package
- ·Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.