Alternatives Product Specialist
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as Alternatives Product Solutions Specialist
The Alternatives Product Solutions Specialist will be a primary contributor to the overall success and growth of BBH’s rapidly expanding alternative fund solutioning business.
The individual in this role will be responsible for a wide range of business activities related to the transfer agency, custody, depositary, accounting and administration services provided by BBH to premier global asset managers with alternative funds. This role will focus on alternatives with a particular European focus and thus needs expertise in the requirements of the region.
The role will require around 20% travel.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
1. Product Management and Client Engagement
- Support Business Development team in client pitches, particularly in providing solutions for complex products that may not fit the standard operating models
- Analyze complex client requirements and develop solutions that may include more than one product
- Collaborate with other product teams where client solutions are needed
- Influence and guide clients, technology, project management and operations teams in solution delivery
- Act as a key part of the onboarding process and support the launch team with translating client specific solutions into a clearly defined operating model
- Understand alternative fund regulatory requirements and changes organize, prioritize and execute BBH solutions in response to changes
- Work closely with the Relationship Management team to broaden the understanding of alternatives products, the marketplace and client needs to drive product growth and profitability
- Act as a source of knowledge and insight on industry initiatives and plan for related product enhancements
- Support the product team in identifying product/service gaps, overlaps and deficiencies
- Support Marketing and Sales Support teams with responding to prospect pitch documents/RFPs and due diligence questionnaires
- Work internally with operations, finance, risk, legal and other BBH functional areas and ensure concerns are addressed during the development of client solutions, product development and enhancement processes
- Work closely with the operational teams and related other BBH functional areas on operating model enhancements and optimization
- Develop a strong understanding of the Alternatives technology platforms
- Support Sales and RM teams with system demonstrations at client and prospect meetings
- Support the Systems Product teams by providing market intelligence for product enhancements
3. Training and Technical support
- Provide technical sales support to RM and sales resources for this sector
- Provide market intelligence and product training to other teams (e.g., operations centre) as required
Education Level and/or relevant experience
- Strong understanding of institutional alternative asset management industry including a thorough understanding of the fund operation and finance functions commonly outsourced to custodian/administrators
- Familiarity with the processes and systems commonly used for fund accounting, financial reporting, shareholder recordkeeping and performance measurement
- Around five years’ experience in global financial services businesses and three in alternatives fund segment
- Knowledge of actively traded alternatives fund markets (globally) is desirable
- Knowledge of one of or all of Private Equity, Real Estate, Private Debt and Hybrid Funds is desirable
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience; MBA a plus
Knowledge and skills
- Product specialists require the perfect combination of technical knowledge, creative problem solving and commercial insight
- Ability to work in a highly consensus driven team environment
- Stakeholder management and influencing skills are a key requirement
- Superior communication skills including writing and presentations
- Professional business acumen; ability to interact in a professional manner at all levels, both internally and externally
- Detail oriented with proven ability to see open issues to resolution but also able to step back and see the big picture when required.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.