Client Implementation Manager, State Street Global Advisors, Assistant Vice President, Hybrid
Who we are looking for
High caliber graduate with a good working knowledge of financial products and a focus on exceptional client experience sought for a position within one of the industry's largest institutional asset managers. You will be responsible for overseeing new business and change events coordinated by the team. As the key contact point for both internal and external clients, you will take ownership of pipeline management, event allocation and be expected to understand events to a high level of detail to ensure successful implementation. You will supervise key controls within the team ensuring ongoing risk excellence. The role holder will report to Head of EMEA Client Implementation. This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Please be aware this is not a KYC/AML onboarding role.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Client Implementation Manager you will
- Oversight of implementation event coordination, daily processes and key controls.
- Plan and manage the end to end process for on-boarding clients, change events and terminations. This may include new portfolio setups, changes to investment strategy or location, changes to benchmarks and changes to custody.
- Provide advice and consult with all participant parties on all aspects of account openings and client change events.
- Ensure accurate static data set up on internal systems; maintain client and portfolio reference data.
- Liaise with custodians, trading counterparties, transfer agencies and other external parties to ensure smooth event implementation.
- Build and maintain relationships with key partners.
- Chair meetings with internal teams both, in preparation for, during, and post event.
- Provide timely and accurate query investigation and resolution.
- Continuously focus on risk excellence and risk mitigation.
- Stay ahead of market developments relevant to the function
- Contribute to projects as assigned.
- Find opportunities to strengthen SSGA’s controls and minimize risk.
- Initiate and run system developments and improvement.
- People management functions, including recruitment and team goal setting & performance management
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong analytical skills.
- You are willing to assume responsibility and ownership of tasks assigned.
- You have the ability to plan and run multiple priorities and tasks with the skills to adapt and be flexible to change in delivery focused environment.
- Ability to build positive relationships with both internally and externally
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an excellent grasp of the importance of client service.
- Understanding investment markets and settlement.
- An appreciation of stamp duty markets, financial transaction taxes and collection of them in relation to in specie activities is desirable.
- Strong MS Windows applications, specifically Excel.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Degree qualified with a financial or analytical discipline preferred.
- Investment Operations Certificate (formerly IAQ) considered an advantage.
- Operations experience gained from an investment manager.
- You will have experience in a client onboarding or transitions role.
- You will have experience working with clients in multiple European and Middle Eastern jurisdictions.
- Product experience desirable: Bonds, Equities, FX, Futures, OTC Derivatives, Pooled / Mutual Funds.
- People management experience preferred.
- Education Assistance benefit
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Screening
- Life Assurance
- Pension plan
- Flexible work arrangement
- All employees and their household family members can access State Street’s Employee Assistance Programme services, which includes guidance sessions to help you deal with issues such as stress, anxiety, depression, relationship issues, as well as a legal and financial guidance
- Employees are able to take 2 volunteering days each year
- Season ticket and Gym Loans
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street Global Advisors
What We Do. As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world’s largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care.
Our Mission. At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.