Technical Coordinator, Financial Analysis Capital Markets
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Responsible for producing, investigating and documenting complex financial analysis projects for the Capital Markets CAO business unit. This also involves data collection, analysis, reconciliations, report generation, drawing conclusions and providing recommendations to the Capital Markets management team. The Technical Coordinator will be managing monthly/quarterly reporting processes and various ad hoc requests to be determined by the Senior management. Performs operations, technical or administration work often in support of professional roles. Requires technical or other specific training or equivalent experience. Performs tasks and duties according to established procedures. Analyses information to solve on-going problems and implements procedures and approaches to complete work. Responsible for results of the team. May provide direction to team using extensive knowledge of established precedents and practices
- Responsible for performing a variety of basic financial duties, following established guidelines to generate standard reports and perform analysis
- Perform production and analysis of monthly/quarterly/annual invoicing and reporting process. Performing / reporting analyses on complex client profitability, revenue, expenses, vendors and reports relative to prior year, prior month, and/or plan focusing on key business factors driving financial performance.
- Provides specific subject matter expertise and work with other junior members of the team.
- Actively participate in special projects and ad hoc requests to support the CAO Capital Markets strategic priorities.
- Analyzes possible solutions using technical experience or requests for further support from senior members in the team
- Resolves problems, identifies the most appropriate solution and may establish new techniques to ensure the team is able to meet its objectives
- Has direct impact, on the quality of the tasks performed or services provided by the team
- Overall work experience of at least 6 years preferably relevant to accounting, finance or project accounting
- Minimum 4 years of related experience in project analysis and management reporting, planning, and analysis
- May provide informal day-to-day supervision to a team including coaching on performance, coordinating activities, checking on quality and work progress
- Highly-analytical and with problem-solving skills required to evaluate financial results; highlight red flags that are not aligned to the group’s targets and provide recommendations in aligning processes against the target operating model
- Effective written and verbal communication and strong presentation skills necessary to present relevant information and MI reports to a diverse management team
- Advanced computer skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) are required to generate MI reports, perform analyses and recommendations as well as communicate financial information to various constituents.
- Power BI/ VBA / SQL / MS Access skills to automate excel based reports
- Knowledge of accounting, reporting and financial analysis usually acquired through a 4-year degree program or related work experience is required
- Requires a comprehensive understanding of a range of processes, procedures, systems and concepts within own job discipline
- Uses insights into how the team integrates with other teams to coordinate efforts and resources to achieve shared and individual objectives
- Requires tact and diplomacy to exchange ideas and information in a concise and logical way
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com. We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.