Purchase-to-Pay (Associate Analyst)
Objectives of the Position
- Provide Accounts Payable's payment process related support to deliver AP services to BASF companies in Asia Pacific in accordance with established processes and work procedures and in compliance with BASF policies, Financial Reporting Compliance (FRC), local company legal and statutory requirements.
- Ensure that timelines and quality are met within the service levels agreements.
Functional Tasks (including but not limited to):
- To monitor P2P RISK MONITOR (RM) by ensuring SPOT Checks level A&X, and Potential Duplicate Postings are strictly being checked and confirmed daily. To ensure overall RM checks are cleared and completed before last day of the month/document due date.
- Work closely with respective team (eg: invoicing team) to reduce the SPOT and duplicate check error rate.
- Ensure SPOT check and duplicate error root cause is identified and correction action is in place.
- To process payment proposal run for intercompany including co process, preliminary and final report based on timeline.
- To ensure task are performed completely within timeline and before bank cut off time.
- To further investigate on the (technical) root cause of payment/cheque returned and coordinate/liaise with related parties such as BSSCKL PSP, P2P, HRS, MD, BASF users, vendor and local finance to rectify the error and propose preventive measure
- To support local business/ local finance and BSSCKL internal in urgent payment handling on stipulated deadline.
- To perform month end process ie: reconciliation of bank statement for outgoing payment including auto debit, direct debit, manual payment and payment proposal. To liaise closely with local business if needed.
- To be responsible in mailbox management for the team for email allocation and ensure cleanliness of country’s folder
- To collaborate and engage local business/local finance & Regional Treasury Team on topics related to funding, local bank requirements and policies.
- Be the Key person/ focal person to liaise with banks in payment rejection/payment failure related matters
- To coordinate, support transition/projects activities and perform testing and ensure timeliness in completion of testing
- To support centralized audit activities whenever required including system demo and provide required documentation and samples, attend to audit queries etc.
- To response to payment related queries or concerns from local business/local finance, BSSCKL internal and vendors
- To act as back up to team members/Senior Analyst and perform payment task as when required.
- To ensure processes are complying to BASF policies & guideline, local company’s policy, bank/ legal and statutory requirements.
- To ensure high level of awareness of the latest fraud trends especially phishing call and email, and ensure information sharing among team members. Be the first focal point to analyze the situation, in case of any doubtful or suspicious payment related incident.
Quality and Continuous Improvement
- Actively identify and recommend new idea / solutions to Specialist/Expert & Managers for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Actively involves in RPA/VBA/VBS related activity to promote and implement process improvement.
- Execute the implementation of continuous improvement framework in hub
- Drive process streamline & standardization
- Working closely with functional expert/specialist trouble shooting system, process issues, agreeing right level of escalation and work on root cause analysis and implement mitigating actions.
- Act as AP Digital Assistant to improve AP performance indicators and turn AP team into a strategic and data-driven position
- Perform routine update to Accounts Payable documentation (e.g. Work Instruction, Process Definition, Job Aid&For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.