Senior Consultant – Financial Services Advisory
Grant Thornton is Ireland’s fastest growing financial services firm delivering innovative solutions to clients across the country. Our Financial Services Advisory (FSA) division brings industry specific expertise to support our clients in navigating complex Regulatory, Strategic, Digital and Change management challenges. At Grant Thornton our focus is on people; both building deep client relationships and investing in our staff to help them to realise their potential and achieve their ambitions.
We are currently looking for a Senior Consultant to join our Financial Service Advisory Team working in a dynamic environment on asset management and other financial services change and transformation projects. The ideal candidate will have an industry or professional services background in asset management, fund services operations, fund administration or a related area having had exposure to different fund structures such as mutual funds/UCITS, alternative investment funds and private equity.
The candidate should also have operational experience in at least one of the following functions:
- Trade Operations
- Fund Accounting
- Investor Services
- Risk & Regulatory Reporting
- Financial Reporting
- Compliance (AML, KYC, FATCA, ERISA)
The candidate will have a good end-to-end knowledge and understanding of different services as outlined above within fund administration, fund audits or wider asset management servicing.
The successful candidates will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of Financial Services clients in both asset management and other financial services areas such as banking and insurance.
This role offers excellent opportunities for the candidate to broaden skillset into other areas within our advisory practice working on varied and interesting client projects and transformation.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, capable of working off their own initiative and have the ability to collaborate with colleagues, to lend their experience to related projects and other project deliverables in a dynamic team environment. Candidates should have at least 5 years’ operational experience in the financial services/asset management industry.
Excellent opportunities exist for ambitious and driven candidates to progress within the Firm. The position attracts a competitive remuneration package and represents an excellent opportunity to build a long term and successful career supported by ongoing development and training.
- Support in management and delivery on financial services advisory projects in areas such as risk and compliance, financial reporting, operations, internal audit and business process transformation
- Training, development and support of junior staff members and trainees and supervision of work around client delivery
- Client management and client reporting around deliverables on operational projects
- Support and management of proposals and business development within financial services advisory
Skills and attributes
- 3+ years’ experience in financial services/asset management industry or audit of asset management/investment funds
- ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent desirable but not essential
- Project Management (PRINCE/equivalent) an advantage
- Operational or audit experience in asset management/fund services operational areas
- Understanding of regulatory requirements related to funds industry an advantage;
- Experience of working with commonly used technology platforms within the funds industry
- IFRS, US GAAP and other regulatory and compliance standards for financial reporting purposes and advantage
- Project management and presentation skills
- Strong Microsoft office skills in particular advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to learn quickly and keep abreast of industry developments
- Good work ethic, proactive attitude to issue resolution, delivering excellence, managing deadlines and being comfortable working as part of a team
- Experience of working as part of a team supporting others.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.