Fund Accounting Associate
HedgeServ is a leading global fund administrator with more than $450 billion in assets under administration across all investment vehicles including Hedge Funds, Private Equity Funds, UCITS, Hybrid Credit Managers, Funds of Funds and Managed Account Platforms. We optimize our clients’ experience using unique proprietary technology coupled with robotic process automation, intuitive digital programs powered by machine learning, and enhanced by an extensive proprietary transaction data set. HedgeServ’s entrepreneurial and innovative spirit cultivates a productive and agile environment enabling its team to anticipate clients’ needs and consistently deliver solutions in real time. Led by the most experienced team of industry experts, HedgeServ with 1,500+ professionals around the globe expertly provides customizable solutions for their clients’ risk, portfolio management, middle office, investor relations, accounting, regulatory, compliance, and tax services. Since its inception in 2008, HedgeServ has received numerous accolades, including Top Overall Administrator and #1 rankings for Fund Accounting, Reporting & Reporting Technology, Client Service, Investor Services, Alternative Fund Expertise, and Regulatory Expertise.
HedgeServ is a progressive company with continuously evolving ways of working to ensure a future-focused mindset. Our employees benefit from a robust career development framework and clear learning paths which outline career trajectory, training and progression plans. HedgeServ supports employees through a variety of offerings, including remote and hybrid working arrangements, and fully paid comprehensive health and well-being benefits. HedgeServ was recognized as a Next Gen employer by RippleMatch on its list of 100 top workplaces for Generation Z for 2022. HedgeServ operates 13 offices in the United States, Grand Cayman, Ireland, Poland, Bulgaria, Luxembourg, Philippines and Australia.
Our Fund Accounting department prides itself on providing a best in class service to our clients with a strong focus on accuracy, flexibility and accountability. The teams prioritize development and learning, paired with bespoke technology and systems to provide our employees with the tools to perform at the highest level. HedgeServ operates a client focused structure which provides a wide-range of experience to all levels of employees. The Fund Accountant will be responsible for the production of daily, weekly and monthly NAV, ensuring accurate completion of tasks per NAV checklists. They will also identify and investigate break items and ensure issues are resolved in a timely and professional manner. Being a team player is a necessity for this position as you will work with various levels of management and the wider business to maintain a seamless process.
- The preparation of Cash and Positions Reconciliations
- Preparation and processing of income and expense accruals
- Verification and processing of corporate actions
- Assist in the audit process and financial statement preparation if required
- Establish and maintain good relationships with internal service departments and clients
- Attend and participate in team meetings
- Ensure that HedgeServ’s client focused ethos is maintained on a daily basis
Job Requirements for the role
- Completed bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or finance
- IT Literate with an emphasis on Excel
- Ability to be flexible, self-motivated and work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively both within a team structure and independently
- Attractive compensation package including extensive set of benefits such as Premium Health Insurance, Multisport Card, My Benefit – Cafeteria System, Life Insurance
- Professional environment with great development opportunities
- Training and development in a wide variety of areas to ensure staff are constantly developing and progressing their skills
- Tuition policy with study leave and generous payment of all related fees
- Enjoy a start-up like environment on the back of a well-established and profitable company