Operations Client Service, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
Fund Connect is State Street’s market-leading trading portal offering electronic trading solutions to institutional investors. Fund Connect is a comprehensive solution providing the cash investor real time trading, risk analytics, customized reporting, and auto settlement across a wide range of global money market fund products through a single interface.
Everything we do is aimed at making sure our clients value every aspect of Fund Connect, from our product and technologies to our ease of doing business and our support. We are looking for an experienced individual to join an expanding and dynamic team that provides one of State Street Digital’s leading global electronic trading platforms. Based in our London office you will be part of the EMEA Fund Connect Operations team working in a deadline and client driven environment. ,. The Operations team provide oversight of the trade lifecycle, support client on boarding and query management. This role offers flexibility in operating in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and the role requirements.
This demanding role requires energy, flexibility, curiosity, inquisitiveness and excellent interpersonal & communication skills to collaborate with both colleagues and clients, 5+ years' experience and ability to demonstrate a process improvement mentality to drive efficient and effective processes.
Why this role is important to us
You will be joining State Street Digital, our new division that combines advanced trading technology, best execution and servicing expertise with proprietary market research and insights to support clients in decentralized financial markets. Together with other teams across our company, you will be working on the evolution of our award-winning GlobalLink technology platform into a multi-asset solution that will include crypto, central bank digital currency, blockchain and tokenization.
Join us if making your mark in the digital asset servicing industry is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Operations Client Service, Assistant Vice President you will
- Provide production support for both internal and external clients
- Monitor trading activity to ensure trade flows are in line with the expected event driven workflow
- Ensure effective communication and escalation of any production related issues
- Maintain functional and technical knowledge across multiple trading models to enable handling of client inquiries.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with different team members across the business and technology areas, working directly with junior and senior counterparts
- Reconcile account positions and actively monitor and manage fund information to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Engage and liaise with Money Market Fund Transfer Agent's
- Ensure adherence and maintenance of all operational and audit procedures
- Assistance with provision of management information statistics and generation of daily/ad-hoc reports
- Assist with collation and distribution of various regulatory reporting tasks as appropriate
- Active participation in User Acceptance testing for system enhancements, including providing scenario based suggestions for test scripts to be completed
- Identify process improvements and seek approval of proposed solution
- Build strong, positive relationships with key internal groups and stakeholders
- Support global Operations team as required
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Highly adaptable, self-motivated, articulate and inquisitive individual
- Demonstrate strong control focused approach
- Demand a high level of accuracy
- Possess good organisational and prioritisation skills
- Convey a sense of urgency, determination and accountability to drive issues to completion
- A track record of working to strict deadlines under pressure
- Logical thinker to problem solving, with the ability to identify and analyse issues with the creativity and energy to solve them
- You want to work in a diverse, multi-cultural environment
- You understand the importance of risk excellence
- Aspirational to develop in the role and expand responsibilities
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Working knowledge of SWIFT MT/MX (preferred but not required)
- Knowledge of mutual funds and cash/custody settlement process beneficial
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organisational skills and a logical approach to problem solving
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise workload and perform in a pressurised, deadline oriented environment
- Team-oriented and must possess strong integrity and professionalism
- Strong attention to detail and diligent/risk awareness approach
- Academic background in finance, economics, business or a related field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to effectively communicate at all levels across the organisation
- Competent in Microsoft products, especially MS Excel for reporting purposes
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.