Senior Analyst, Finance (Management Reporting Planning & Analysis) - Hybrid
About Northern Trust:Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.Role/ Department:
The International Management Reporting Planning & Analysis (MRP&A) team provide financial analysis and business support to senior business management across EMEA, APAC and Canada. The team, which resides within Corporate Finance, operates a ‘hub and spoke’ model where business reporting is produced by a central reporting team based in Limerick and Manila (‘the hub’), with finance business partners in each international business location providing direct support to business management in their location (‘the spoke’).
The International Reporting Hub team is responsible for the production and delivery of timely and accurate financials to business stakeholders and finance business partners. This includes monthly financials, analytics and key metrics, forecasts and sales reporting. The team works with business and finance partners to ensure reporting evolves in line with internal business and finance requirements, is supported by robust processes and is developed to consider new technology capabilities and tools as they become available.
Based in the Limerick office, this successful candidate will work as part of the wider International Reporting Hub team and will report to the Head of the International Hub. This role provides an ideal opportunity for the successful candidate to gain a deep understanding of NT’s businesses, enhance their financial acumen and analytical skills while working with the wider reporting team to develop ‘new ways of working’, implement new tools and technology and transform operational processes.
- Participate in the production and review of monthly business financials ensuring that all reporting is produced using consistent processes and meets internal standards
- Participate in the co-ordination of monthly reporting activities across Hub and Spoke ensuring responsibilities and hand-offs are harmonised
- Participate in the ongoing assessment and development of financial reporting, analysis and metrics to ensure reporting produced remains relevant and meets business requirements
- Working with MRP&A partners, investigate and identify opportunities to develop new processes and practices which streamline and enhance financial data interrogation and analysis
- Working with the wider team participate in the testing and implementation of new tools and technologies, including assessment of impacts on existing work practices and transformation of same
- Conduct and lead on assigned special projects which support delivery of wider team goals and initiatives
- Ensure all queries raised by business management, MRP&A business partners and finance partners regionally and globally are responded to and resolved in a timely manner
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Professional accounting qualification (preferably ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with several years of experience gained in a multi-currency, multinational financial services environment
- Strong analytical skills evidenced through development and production of management reporting, business information and financial analysis.
- Advanced level of IT skills critical notably Office 365 products, Hyperion, Cognos, Workspace Advanced and TM1 experience
- Experience in the development and implementation of process automation and transformation including the integration of new tools into work practices essential
- Self-starter with a professional work ethic, initiative and an ability to self-motivate
- Highly numerate with high attention to detail to support complex data analysis
- Ability to adapt and react positively in a changing and dynamic team environment
- Product knowledge across the range of asset management and asset servicing products preferable but not essential
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve!Join a workplace with a greater purpose.We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.