AM/Manager - Cyber Incident Response & Forensic (Petaling Jaya)
The Incident response manager role will be working in the Cyber Response Services (CRS) Team within our Risk Consulting practice, reporting directly into the head of cyber response. Cyber security is one of the areas which KPMG has identified for tremendous investment and growth. Our clients face a challenging cyber threat and look to us to help them understand and respond to that threat.
This is a hands-on and operational management role with opportunities to grow into service line leadership. He should have good hands-on experience in enterprise Network & Security. The successful candidate is expected to manage a broad range of cyber-security incidents as well as perform digital forensics (disk, volatile memory, network packets, logfiles) and help advance KPMG’s incident response processes and methodologies. In this role we are looking for a person who can demonstrate strong technical background, significant experience in Network & Security, Incident Response and Digital Forensics and is looking to grow into an Incident Response leadership role as part of a growing team.
- Manage and co-ordinate cyber security incidents for our clients, working closely with the Head of Cyber Response.
- Digital forensics of relevant incident data (disk, volatile memory, network packets, log files).
- Maintaining a current view of the cyber threat and being able to advise clients on the threat landscape and attacks which may be relevant to them
- Have good understanding on BNM RMiT guidelines in relation with Cyber Response and Recovery
- Manage the development of KPMGs in house cyber-response tools
- Assess client incident response capability maturity.
- Develop and establish SOC policy, process and procedure documentation based on ISO 27001, COBIT, NIST/MITRE etc and followed by the team
- Establish SOC playbooks based on new threats
- Lead Internal and external Audit to meet the SOC compliance
- Hands-on knowledge configuration, responsible for integration of logs in SIEM
- Knowledge of NextGen SOC, Threat Hunting and behavioral analysis tools
- Experience and knowledge with Cloud providers such as Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, etc
- Help stand-up or improve clients’ own incident response & Network Security capabilities.
- Prepare proposal documents indulging proposal, pricing sheet, solution presentation against RFPs/RFIs.
- In-depth knowledge of security concepts such as cyber-attacks and techniques, threat vectors, risk management, incident management etc
The successful candidate will demonstrate competency in computing and networks as well as in cyber-security either by having the relevant work experience, completed a degree or obtained industry relevant certification. Therefore, the qualifications below should be seen as means to demonstrate competency and not as a requirement. The desired skill and qualification is provided below:
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and project management skills.
- Strong IT and network skills – knowledge of common enterprise technologies – Windows and
- Windows Active Directory, Linux, Cisco, etc.
- Working programming skill-set to be able to author and develop tools. Most in-house security tools in KPMG are written in Python, but we accept that a competent programmer will be able to transfer skillsets across languages.
- Technical proficiency in at least one of these areas: network security/traffic/log analysis; Linux and/or Mac/Unix operating system forensics; memory forensics; static and dynamic malware analysis / reverse engineering; advanced mobile device forensics; threat hunting; threat intelligence.
- Advanced experience in industry computer forensic tools such as X-Ways, EnCase, FTK, Internet
- Evidence Finder (IEF) / AXIOM, and/or Cellebrite
- Advanced experience in preservation of digital evidence (including experience preserving cloud data and handling encryption such as BitLocker, FileVault, and/or LUKS)
- Experience with and understanding of enterprise Windows security controls
Qualifications and Education requirements
- Minimum qualifications required: B.E/B. Tech or Equivalent
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and project management skills. Abilities: Good soft skills and team player
- (Preferred) General information security certificates such CISSP, CISM or CISA.
- (Preferred) Incident management certifications such as:
- CREST certified incident manager (CCIM).
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- (Preferred) Digital forensics certificates such as:
- CREST certified network intrusion analyst (CCNIA),
- CREST certified malware reverse engineer (CCMRE),
- GIAC Certified (Network) Forensic Analyst (GCFA, GNFA)
- Experience: 8 – 10 years
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.