Client Services Accountant
- To provide high quality service deliverables to the firm’s Real Estate (RE) Clients you are responsible for, ensuring all deliverables are met and the Clients expectations are managed and met on a day to day basis.
- This entails reviewing all Financial Statements and disclosures and ad-hoc client deliverables in relation to providing fund administration services to RE clients.
- Expected to help improve the processes and efficiencies of the department.
- Be subject matter expert of Real Estate Fund Structures accounting and administration processes.
- Managing financial servicing for a portfolio of RE clients ensuring the smooth running of day to day relationship with Clients and consistent delivery of client reporting/ information accurately and on time
- Being appointed as directors and responsible officers for RE entities in Japan to facilitate transactional requirements.
- Ensuring that adequate training has been received and support provided in order to complete the role and be proactive in defining areas needing attention or support
- Be an ‘expert’ on designated clients including understanding technical details of their LPA, SLA, Fee Agreement and any technical nuances
- Minimise risk to IQ-EQ by ensuring all procedures and checklists are followed by all cell members
Tasks / Duties:
- Deliver timely quality service to RE Client to ensure all requests for designated clients are met, ensuring any client/investor queries are responded to within 24 hours
- Complete a review on designated Client work (includes NAV, Financial Statements and other Ad Hoc Tasks) and assist on reviews for other teams as required
- Ensure that KPIs are developed, implemented and reported in a timely manner in accordance with agreed SLA’s
- Prepare periodic timetable for all client work and manage periodic process to ensure all deliverables adequately resourced and completed on time
- Maintain regular contact with Client through regular and ad-hoc phone calls and emails detailing upcoming deliverables and progress thereof.
- Assist with new business take on where required.
Management of Workflow
- Work with team members on client deliverables to ensure adequate resources are allocated and fully utilised
- Ensure to prepare all work to a standard suitable for client review
- Plan workloads and utilise support team / additional resources where necessary to ensure deadlines are achieved
- Ensure reconciled cash balances are maintained for all clients at all times.
IQ-EQ Fee Management
- Ensure our electronic time sheets are completed daily, and accurately for all hours worked and recording ad hoc work completed for billing purposes, when appropriate
- Understand and use best practice on Yardi, Investran and other platforms
- Understand and make best use of the functionality in our software when producing accounts
- Ensure Client database is up to date and accurate insystems
- Ensure relevant procedures and checklists are adhered to to minimise risk of errors
- Report any breaches, complaints or errors to Compliance officer promptly
- Ensure all error reports are completed for review on the day an error is identified
- Undertake any additional reasonable requests as deemed by the firm
- Bachelor’s Degree in from a competent university/college
- Japanese Certified Public Accountant, Japanese Certified Public Tax Accountant or US CPA (or other widely recognised accounting qualification)
- Japanese language skills in oral and written communications
- English language skills (business conversational, with strong written communication skills)
- At least 3 years of management accounting or fund accounting experience in real estate industry
- Strong knowledge of Japanese GAAP
- Working Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
- Ability to review 3rd party management accounts and understanding of duties performed by Property Managers, rent billing, collection of rent, insurance recharge
- Ability to use and understand property systems and processes (ie – Yardi / Horizon)
- An understanding of various types of income, dilapidations, lease surrender, capital contribution, capital allowances, rent reconciliation between demands raised and tenancy schedule
- An understanding of tax, Consumption Tax, Capital allowances will be an added advantage
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable communicating with Senior Management
- ‘Can do’ attitude, ability to cope with tight deadlines, working under pressure and lead by example
- Knowledge real estate industries is essential
- Advanced Excel skills including Pivot Tables and data manipulation
- Experience working in Financial Services office environment
- Experience working in international and cross cultural environment
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.