Head of Compliance, Jersey
TMF Group is a leading provider of critical administrative services, helping clients invest and operate safely around the world. We provide legal, financial and employee administration through TMF Group’s teams in 120 offices.
Lead and develop the TMF Jersey compliance function for both the Fund Services Business and Trust Company Business and maintain and continuously improve a robust compliance framework, whilst supporting the C.I. Head of Governance, Risk Compliance and Legal and the regulatory Boards in the continuous improvement of the compliance culture. The role holder will work closely with the Boards of Directors and CI Head of Governance, Risk, Compliance and Legal in successful delivery of the role and is a member of the Senior Leadership Team for both the Fund Services Business and Trust Company Business.
- Act as the appointed Compliance Officer for both the Fund Services Business and Trust Company Business
- Principal regulatory contact person with the JFSC;
- Integrate the Jersey FSB and TCB Compliance functions in a manner that maintains team delivery of service whilst harmonising team processes;
- Ensure the maintenance of the robust compliance framework with related policies to meet the local regulatory requirements, and introducing new policies as may be required for the licensees;
- Ensuring that a consistent, proportionate, and risk based approached is applied to all compliance matters;
- Accountable for the compliance function in its provision of compliance advice/support ensuring timely resolution of compliance issues;
- Driving improvements in compliance awareness through the evaluation of needs, and delivering a training and development programme, with input from compliance monitoring program, and internal or external audits;
- Ensuring the compliance function reviews all existing and new compliance policies to ensure that they continually meet regulatory and best practice requirements prior to Board approval;
- Building market and industry knowledge to benchmark compliance policies and practices;
- Ensure effective action plans are made and implemented to address upcoming changes in local, or TMF Group policy, local regulation and industry best practice;
- Ensuring the establishment and effective operation and delivery of a risk-based compliance monitoring program;
- Assisting with the development and oversight of the risk-based client file review framework;
- Delivering an annual compliance business plan to the Channel Island Boards/Risk Committee for agreement;
- Establishing and maintaining appropriate mechanisms for the identification, monitoring and reporting on compliance matters to senior management, the board, committees and other relevant stakeholders.
- Actively participate in the CI Governance, Risk, Compliance and Legal team meetings which comprise the Legal, Data Privacy, Company Secretarial, Risk and MLRO/MLCO leads and where capacity allows actively participate in initiatives within this team.
Money laundering compliance officer
- Oversee and ensure that the AML/CFT Compliance Monitoring Programme is completed in a timely fashion to test symptoms and controls and that findings are reviewed and considered in order to rectify the client entity boards ;
- That the enactments in Jersey relating to ML/TF and sanctions are being complied with and that systems and controls (including P&P remain adequate, efficient and relevant)
- Where issues have been identified and which require action/remediation and;
- Recommending to the board any changes that may be required to existing systems and controls (including policies and procedures. Including those identified from monitoring updates to the various legislation
- Attend relevant committee meetings as required.
- Be a Key Person (CO/MLCO) as may be required;
- Align the development of the FSB and TCB compliance environment;
- Work with and support staff in the management of potential or actual risks which may arise;
- Lead the Compliance teams to ensure the effective delivery of the functions, specifically including delivery of the responsibilities by Key Person role holders;
- Mentor members of the Compliance team, managing each team member’s development through the establishment of clear and achievable objectives;
- Provide support/training to the members of the Compliance team and to the wider business as deemed necessary;
- Preparation of training materials as relevant;
- Provide support to the CI Head of Governance, Risk, Compliance and Legal and the relevant Heads of Department as appropriate
Experience and qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a Trust Company Business and Fund Services Business environment is essential in regulatory approved risk and compliance roles;
- Previously JFSC Approved Key Person;
- Expertise in all MS Office packages (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) and other software packages as appropriate; and
What's in it for you?
- Competitive Salary +
- Private Medical insurance for self & family – which includes GP visits & eye tests
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Death in Service (Life Assurance) – 4 times x salary
- Critical Illness
- Discretionary performance related bonus (which is linked to Company and individual’s performance)
- Non – contributory social club
- Working from Home Scheme Contribution 2020-2024 - All permanent staff can claim up to £400 over a 4 year cycle (contribution of £100 a year) towards an office desk, chair or broadband improvement (e.g. upgraded router).
Completion of probation: (probation is 20 weeks)
- Defined contribution non-contributory pension scheme – Employer contribution - 10%
- Fitness Club membership - £275 per year (receipts based)
- Starting at 25.5 days – rising scale based on job role and completed years’ service
- Option to buy or sell 5 days holiday per year or pro rata on working pattern
Applications close: 29 Jul 2022 GMT Daylight Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.