Fund Accounting Asset Owners, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a candidate willing to grow along with the Asset Owners clients that we serve out of North America. The role is fund accounting with complex and diverse funds and processes. This Senior Associate will grow skills and talents as individuals and as part of a team servicing Asset Owner clients. There are frequent opportunities for problem-solving and decision-making at a high level (striving for the best and most effective processes) and at a detail level (striving for timeliness and accuracy in delivering our daily and monthly NAVs).
What you will be responsible for
As Fund Accounting Officer you will
- Be Responsible for performing assigned, complex daily operations and processes.
- Act as primary contact and escalation point for operations
- Receive and resolve inquiries from client, Client Management, COEs, BU Shared Services and BU Client Service and ensure timely resolution.
- Manage and escalate issues related to BU SS and CoEs
- Maintain and monitor open items, issues, logs, project lists
- Address custom client requests; manage production activities of our joint venture teams
- Assist with client conversions and other client projects.
- Identify and implement consistent operational best practices.
- Manage report card data collection and production.
- Train, develop and motivate new staff.
- Provide technical expertise to resolve daily problems.
- During normal day to day operation, be responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Hours are 9 am – 6+ pm, Monday through Friday, with an international holiday schedule
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Decision making skills
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills
- Flexibility to adapt to changes in the working environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in both verbal and written forms
- Attention to detail and organization
- Works effectively as a team member but also independently
- Working towards becoming proficient in all areas of the job
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Equivalent to Bachelor’s degree with business related coursework. B.S. in business related field preferred
- 2+ years of related experience in custody, income, fund accounting, derivatives, corporate actions and/or pricing, including General Ledger analysis and reconciliation.
- Knowledge of financial securities markets and products as well as legal and regulatory requirements.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications, and spreadsheet proficiency.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize assignments under tight deadlines.
- Solid understanding of operational functions within fund accounting.
- Ability to provide technical expertise to resolve daily problems.
- Ability to develop business relationships within and outside of organization.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.