Finance Manager #738 @ UN Agency
Finance Manager #738
c. £40,000 (net of UK taxes)
Hybrid working, UK
1 year FTC
Our partner is a UN agency working on a range of human rights issues. They are seeking a Finance Manager, to support them in providing financial oversight, guidance, monitoring and reporting for their programmes in the UK and overseas, and their finances in the UK.
- Provide financial management oversight in the UK. This includes reviewing data entered, carrying out month-end closures, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Working with the Head of Finance to prepare the annual organisational budget, and to prepare programmes budgets.
- Working with the Had of Finance in cashflow forecasting, and treasury monitoring and management.
- Undertake regular budget monitoring, and reporting on variance analysis.
- Undertake analysis of programmes finance, and support in the preparation of donor reports (for projects in the UK, as well as those implemented through partners overseas).
- Support in preparing for grants audits.
- Coaching and mentoring staff as required.
- University degree in accounting, business or finance, with 5 years of experience in an accounting/finance role; part-qualified and qualified candidates considered.
- Strong technical accounting skills, with experience of leading on month-end closures and reconciliations; additionally experience budgeting, budget monitoring, project accounting and reporting.
- Business partner with strong communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with finance and non-finance staff.
- Culturally sensitive
- Able to demonstrate the UN Agency’s values of inclusion, integrity and professionalism
- Excellent command of the English language; French and/or Spanish desirable
This is a London-based role, with candidates expected to be in the office 2 days/week. This is a one-year fixed term contract with the scope of extension. This role is only open to those with the right to work in the UK without requiring an extension.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.