Senior Fund Accountant - Private Equity
New York, US
Chicago, US We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 3,600 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
At Alter Domus we attract, grow, and develop Alternative Thinkers. The Alter Domus Academy helps our people to be their professional best, to become Alternative Thinkers. The Academy team is expanding, and we are looking for an L&D Partner who shares our passion for developing people.
Senior Fund Accountant (Private Equity)
Alter Domus is currently seeking a new Senior Fund Accountant to join our Private Equity Fund Administration team.
- Review daily cash contributions and distributions for investment fund clients;
- Inquire about cash and journal entries;
- Participate in quarterly and annual audit functions;
- Assist with open items list and auditor communications;
- Regular communication with client responding and coordinating response to inquiries in a timely manner and sense of urgency; and
- Understand the governing agreements between Alter Domus and the client.
- Accounting degree with high-quality grades;
- 2 to 5 years’ experience with at least 2 of those years with a Big 4 otherwise public accounting firm performing audits on private equity or hedge funds;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Solid understanding of different types of investments: equity, debt, co-invest and FoF;
- Keen attention to detail and critical thinking skills;
- Ability to multitask, working both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel; and
- CPA, or intention to obtain CPA, preferred.
Independent and possessing more than fifteen years’ experience in its field, Alter Domus has become a leader in corporate and management services for private equity & infrastructure and real estate funds as well as listed and unlisted companies. Our staff of over 2,000 people also provides fund administration and financial reporting services. We mentor and develop our employees’ technical knowledge and practical skills. We also champion commitment and a customer-oriented mindset.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Alter Domus offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including a generous vacation policy, a diverse work environment, and strong global connections. As you collaborate with colleagues in our fast-paced environment, you will gain exposure to demanding and stimulating experiences that you will take with you as your career progresses. We provide a sophisticated work environment with prominent clients that will take your ambitions and talents to the next level and give you the resources and support you need to succeed.
For more information, please visit: www.alterdomus.com.
Alter Domus is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.