Finance - Accounts Payable Officer (12 Months Fixed Term)
DescriptionAt PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You’ll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
Our Accounts Payable and Receivable team is responsible for performing collections activity and payment of debt activity. You’ll focus on working with senior individuals to review and produce reports related to the accounts receivable and accounts payable accounts that will assist PwC in achieving monthly collection target amounts as well as ensuring timely payment of vendor invoices.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Support the on-time and accurate payment of vendors.
- Preparing and reviewing approved invoices for inclusion in payment run.
- Validating payments to ensure full supporting approved documentation with required approvals.
- Preparing full payment documentation for Team Leader review.
- Contacting approval signatories for approval of payment.
- Providing confirmation to vendors of payments.
- Adhere to policies and procedures.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests in a timely manner.
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas, building cross-functional relationships as needed.
- Minimum of a university education , with Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- Overall experience of 1 or more years in accounting and finance.
- Strong financial, analytical and accounting skills.
- Excellent level of accuracy to a high level of detail.
- Good calculation and analytical skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English, proficiency in Arabic would be an advantage.
- Good organisation and office management skills to ensure coverage of workload.
- Time management skills and proactivity.
- Organization, thoroughness, eye for detail, time management skills and proactivity needed.
- Capability to work well in a team.
- Skilled in maintaining client relationships.
- Strong liaison skills, with the ability to maintain geographical relationships.
- Strong work ethic.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.