Associate, Treasury Business Management
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Are you passionate about digital transformation in Treasury?
Join Standard Chartered' s Treasury Modelling and Platforms (TLMP) team in Warsaw to spearhead the digitization of Treasury globally. Power through challenging projects. Gain a 360° learning experience. Develop communication and collaboration skills in an international workplace. Learn how to monetize on technology investments. Work alongside best in class Haskell programming team on cutting edge solutions dedicated to balance sheet optimization, stress testing and forecasting.
We offer flexi working - 2 days in office, 3 days from home and option cater for special arrangements if required.
Treasury Modelling and Platforms journey started 10 years ago in Singapore and Hong Kong, we then rapidly expanded to the Western hemisphere with successful build-up of the Warsaw Hub. Warsaw has recently become our new headquarters housing 90% of the team including management roles relocated from Singapore. Our team is truly diversified, English speaking and closely collaborates with teams globally.
Business Management function drives the execution of Treasury Modelling and Platforms (TLMP) organizational strategy, communications, people agenda and administrative operations. The individual will work with the Head of Business Management and have regular interactions with TLMP management team to ensure that all aspects of organisational agenda and day-to-day operations is well managed.
TLMP organisational strategy, communication, and engagement
- Support TLMP Leads in set up of robust organizational structure and be adaptable to ever-changing dynamics of team function
- Support TLMP Leads to define roles & responsibilities, key performance indicators (KPIs), objectives and project deliverables and ensure this is effectively communicated
- Coordinate TLMP communication updates on quarterly, bi-annual basis working closely with our Change partners and product owners
- Formulate strategies on how to best socialise information to TLMP global team, broader Treasury and our key business stakeholders ensuring key messages are well articulated and understood
- Promote effective and frequent communication (internal & external) to maintain visibility of team's focus and strategy to wider Treasury team via Big Calls, Huddles and other available forums
- Improve team engagement and talent retention via key initiatives e.g. employee engagement survey; manage and provide analytics on results (every ~6 months), identify key actions to address concerns and consult with respective managers
- Centrally coordinate recruitment for global team that has ambitious to almost double in size in next 1-2 years. Define, socialise and ensure managers adhere to best hiring practices including interview frameworks and governance for hiring approvals.
- Work closely with key TLMP members to organize, structure and drive forward our semi-annual new joiners training programme that spans over 2 week period
- 3 - 5 years of relevant experience in working in Business Management, COO and or Chief of Staff function
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to synthesize technical information and translate into a story that is easily digested by non-technical audience
- Ability to generate content and leverage communication tools e.g. videos, surveys etc to relay information on services provided by TLMP
- Excellent knowledge of Power Point and very good Excel
- General understanding of Treasury, Asset and Liability Management and Liquidity Risk Management functions
- Ability to forge strong relationships with business partners and stakeholders
- Corporate maturity. Experienced in engaging effectively with senior stakeholders within Treasury and Finance
- Self-starter with the tenacity, drive and organisation needed to manage around obstacles
- Discrete and able to professionally handle confidential matters
- Display can-do attitude and readily steps up to new challenges in a pragmatic manner
- Adaptable in fast-changing, unpredictable situations and able to communicate such to stakeholders
- Well organised with ability to manage risks and proactively plan to overcome these and minimize impact to delivery timelines for respective deliverables
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.