Senior Internal Auditor
Senior Internal Auditor
Location: Newbury or London / Home Based (Hybrid working)
COVID-19 Notice: We are continuing recruitment and have implemented new processes that promote candidate and employee safety. As part of this we have moved to a virtual hiring and onboarding process until further notice.
Vodafone UK Corporate functions work within the heart of our business, providing professional expertise, support and guidance across all operations, revolutionising our digital growth by always moving, always adapting, to be ready for the future.
What will you be doing?
We are seeking an Internal Auditor who will be responsible for the timely execution of risk-based internal audits in accordance with the audit plan, as well as assisting with other audit matters and projects. This position reports to the Head of Internal Audit. This role would represent a fantastic career opportunity from practice.
Key accountabilities include:
- Plan and execute risk-based financial, operational and compliance audit testing against detailed plan and audit program.
- Develop a good rapport and solid business relationships with business unit and HQ personnel to ensure understanding and acceptance of internal audit requirements, approach and reporting methods.
- Identify, develop, and document audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
- Provide insightful results through audit reporting process.
- Incorporate the use of data analytics within the audit approach to increase the extent of assurance, quality of insight, and efficiency of our audits. Recommend and implement ideas for improving the Internal Audit Department.
Who are we looking for?
- Experience in audit (internal or external) and a professional auditing qualification (CIA, ACA).
- Passion and interest in technology and telecoms.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, ability to interact with senior management.
- Analytical skills, and data analytics capability desirable.
- Able to prioritise, multi-task and be comfortable with a changing environment.
What's in it for you?
An excellent basic salary and bonus with 28 days holiday entitlement, in addition to bank holidays and paid leave for charity projects. We offer an extensive and flexible benefits package that can be tailored to suit you and your family. We're proud to provide a Reconnect programme with flexibility for individuals returning to work after a career break. From our market-leading parental leave policies through to employee discounts, retail vouchers, pension plan and share schemes we are committed to supporting you throughout your career with Vodafone.