Operational Risk Officer
Are you ready to work in the second line of defense and have experience in conducting thematic reviews of internal and/or external events? Can you build relationships and influence outcomes, as well as develop and implement innovative solutions? On the Operational Risk Control Remediation Testing and Thematic Reviews team you'll be responsible for:
• performing thematic reviews of operational risk events (internal and external) and emerging risks that impact the Combined US Operations (CUSO) adhering to the Risk Identification Framework
• preparing reports to senior management, internal governance committees, and regulators
• creating documentation/reporting standards for thematic reviews to ensure consistency in how results of thematic reviews are presented to various senior stakeholders
• liaising regularly with the Heads of the CUSO Operational Risk business-aligned operational risk teams and senior management
• ongoing interactions with the first line of defense business teams
You'll work in the Operational Risk Control team in Weehawken, New Jersey reporting to the Head of Americas Operational Risk Remediation Testing and Thematic Reviews. This is a dynamic, driven and diverse team of professionals, with oversight responsibility for managing the operational risks arising from UBS' business in the Combined US Operations.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That's why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• a Bachelor's degree in a relevant area of study
• ideally 5+ years of prior Investment Banking and/or Asset Management operational risk experience in with a wealth management, broker-dealer, retail and/or private bank, or related experience at a regulatory agency or major consulting firm
• excellent understanding of the regulatory environment impacting financial institutions in the operational risk space
• excellent communication and networking skills - to be successful in the mandate, the role holder will be required to collaborate with senior management in the business and other C&ORC functions, present to senior C&ORC and business management in governance committees, respond quickly to requests from Risk Officers and regulators, handle challenging situations, and manage a large number of stakeholders in order to deliver complex projects within agreed timelines
• team-oriented with strong interpersonal skills, able to calmly manage conflict and pressure in a demanding, high-volume environment Structured, rigorous, analytical and thorough in your approach
• flexible and experience working in an agile environment and capable of prioritizing based on changing internal or external demands
• experienced in handling sensitive information with a high degree of discretion
UBS is the world's largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we're more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.