Senior Actuary - Join one of the UK's top employers! We're currently looking for a Senior Review Actuary to join our Actuarial Review team within Finance to provide a highly professional actuarial service applying deep technical & business knowledge specifically with regards to New Business to aid senior management decision making and to lead others in the actuarial specialism.
Salary: £80k to £100k, bonus 30-60%, 38 days holiday, 10% pension
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Wythall, Telford or Edinburgh
At Phoenix Group we're passionate about helping people achieve a more secure and sustainable future. With circa 14 million policies, we make a difference to the lives of millions of people as the UK's largest long-term savings and retirement business. Join us now and you'll grow with us as we build on our success.
We're currently looking for a Senior Review Actuary to join our Actuarial Review team within Finance to provide a highly professional actuarial service applying deep technical & business knowledge specifically with regards to New Business to aid senior management decision making and to lead others in the actuarial specialism.
In this role the successful applicant will own the reporting of the financial impacts of new business on all funds of the Phoenix group on all financial reporting bases. They will be responsible for the quality and timing of delivery, ensuring consistency of the results across the funds. They will manage a small team to produce regular MI and to provide input into key projects. They will play a key part in helping to set strategy to drive profitable new business and optimising inforce business on open product lines, working closely with the open business teams. They will be regarded as an expert for the key lines of new business underlying the funds.
- Ensure delivery of all New Business impacts on all financial bases, including management information, are done in an accurate and timely manner and to the agreed level of quality
- Act as an expert for the inforce business on all open product lines and proactively and constructively contribute to business discussions and projects to ensure appropriate decisions are made. This will include identification of, and support on, management actions to improve shareholder and policyholder outcomes
- Keep abreast of regulatory, legislative, industry and business specific changes and ensure that these are accurately reflected in the management information and reporting bases of the New Business overseen.
- Understand and manage financial results of the New Business overseen in line with stakeholder expectations and communicate any material departures in a timely and effective manner
- To understand the Finance Risk Management Framework and ensure it is reflected in the new business reporting processes. This includes ensuring results are appropriately validated and documented and information is available to produce/validate Model Risk
- To own, understand, adhere to and identify improvements in the control framework and overall New Business reporting process.
- To contribute to and supports the development of colleagues' knowledge, skills and expertise in respect of the open business and current market practices to minimise key dependency
- To manage a small team and work with managers within the Actuarial Reporting and Analysis team to effectively delegate work where appropriate in a style that ensures this is successfully achieved. Where appropriate maintain detailed plans such that delivery of task are scheduled and ensure that they are delivered on time
- To provide support across the business to help set strategy to drive profitable New Business supporting key stakeholders in decision making such as the Open CEO and Finance Director
- To provide expert knowledge to projects to determine the impact on new business
- Attend committee meetings as key SME as to the expected impacts in the balance sheet To help manage the Actuarial Review team and support/deputise for the Head of Actuarial Review when required
- Maintain professional standards in line with the Actuaries code of conduct and take appropriate TCF considerations.
What We're Looking For
Qualified Actuary with at least 5 years post qualification experience.
- Qualified Actuary
- New business reporting experience
What We Offer
Bring your 'whole self', skills and dedication to the Phoenix Group and we'll recognise your effort, support your development and help to drive your ambition. We'll ensure you're rewarded for your contribution with a competitive package that includes an attractive pension, annual bonus potential, private medical insurance, generous holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity and adoption leave and a range of other financial services and lifestyle flexible benefits.
Join us and you join a unique organisation. It's not just the 14 million policyholders we serve, or the £300 billion of assets we look after. Or that we're a FTSE 100 company that has been listed as one of the UK's Top Employers for nine years running. It's our talented, inclusive and diverse workforce that makes us a success. We offer flexible working opportunities ensuring we attract and retain the very best of talent. Find out about more about our people's stories, our values and our commitment to diversity.
Phoenix Group is a member of the FTSE 100 index and is the UK's largest long-term savings and retirement business. We specialise in the acquisition and management of Heritage life insurance and pension funds. We've businesses in the UK, Germany and Ireland and hold a broad range of both Heritage and Open products split across three key business segments: UK Heritage, UK Open and Europe. Our open business manufactures and underwrites new products and policies to support people saving for their future in areas such as workplace pensions and SIPPs, primary under the Standard Life brand. And we market corporate pension trustee services and manufacture products to be sold under other brands. Did you know Phoenix Life manufactures SunLife's market leading Guaranteed Over 50's plan? Find out more about Phoenix Group here.
We value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone.