CIB Treasury Controller - Vice President
J.P. Morgan (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $3.7 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $33 trillion of assets under custody and over $700 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The Corporate & Investment Bank Treasury (“CIBT”) group is a critical function within CIB Finance & Business Management. It is responsible for managing the liquidity and capital positions of the Corporate & Investment banking businesses, establishing transparent and market-based funds transfer pricing policy, and developing methodologies and metrics to improve the collateral and liquidity risk management capabilities of the investment bank. CIBT interacts heavily with Corporate Treasury in developing consolidated liquidity risk metrics and coordinating analysis and reporting for our regulators and rating agencies on related topics.
The team is looking for an experienced Vice President level candidate in our Warsaw, Poland location to manage the team which supports an array of initiatives in the Treasury space related to Liquidity reporting, Capital & Transfer Pricing, Risk Weighted Assets and Leverage and GSIB (Global Systemic Important Bank) reporting. The candidate should be skilled at managing direct and indirect team resources and processes, influencing stakeholders, taking ownership over projects and proactively moving them forward, feel comfortable operating in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and have a keen interest in investment banking products, funds transfer pricing, capital & liquidity management and reporting.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Manage aspects of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly Liquidity reporting and initial commentary driver analysis supporting NY team across Warsaw and Mumbai offices
- Assist in providing monthly CIB Treasury Balance sheet, Liquidity and P&L analytics to senior management
- Own the process to allocate capital under JPMorgan CIB internal capital framework to CIB sub lines of businesses
- Work closely with CIB Treasury NY Controller team to report CIB-wide Globally Systemic Important Bank (GSIB), RWA and Supplementary Leverage Ratio on a quarterly basis
- Coordinate the recovery and resolution process around pledged and received collateral for CIB
- Oversee production of various stress planning scenarios results for CIB
- Play a leading role in any internal/external audit related to aforementioned tasks
- Ensure proper engagement of Warsaw team with its main CIBT stakeholders around the globe
- Represent the CIBT function locally in Warsaw Corporate Centre and ensure that both sides strategies/initiatives are communicated and understood, and requirements are met by both parties
- Work with team to development various process & control improvement across the function
- Handle ad-hoc request from controllers in lines of businesses to answer questions related to Capital Allocation, Funds Transfer Pricing, Liquidity, etc.
- Promote the Digital Accelerator use of Intelligent Solutions as part of the Control process enhancements
- The candidate must be a self-starter who is able to work in a fast paced, results driven environment, be confident and have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as this role will have global exposure and responsibility across varying levels of management.
- B.A./B.S. in Finance or related field
- 7+ years of experience in a product control function or similar role
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication abilities, along with the ability to tailor a message to various levels of management
- Working knowledge of Corporate & Investment Bank products, along with financial theory and accounting principles
- Strong analytical, investigative problem-solving, and decision making skills
- Established track record of delivery multiple deliverables in a complex environment
- Focused work ethic, strong attention to detail, good business sense, and demonstrated initiative
- Flexibility and capability of engaging various functions, locations, and businesses
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint (including Pitch Pro), Alteryx, SQL a plus
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Knowledge in capital related topics such as Basel rules and Basel RWA/GSIB, Liquidity Coverage Ratios a plus
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.