Outsourcing Oversight Governance Officer
Who we are looking for
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join the UK Global Delivery Outsourcing Oversight team based in Edinburgh/London (occasional hybrid role).
This critical role ensures that SSBT London Branch fulfills its regulatory requirements for outsourcing oversight on behalf of UK Contracted Clients.
Ideal candidate should have experience of managing outsourced arrangements from either a regulatory or operational perspective previously, prior audit experience would also be preferred in the financial sector.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Outsourcing Oversight Governance Officer you will
- Manage and oversee the Legal Entity Outsourcing Arrangements for between 7-10 services, ensuring compliance to policy (SLA, ORAD, RAG, KPI, IRQ).
- Engage with internal teams (Client Services, Accounting, Custody, Middle Office etc) to ensure feedback on outsourced services and escalation of any significant issues.
- Development of remediation plans for poor performing services and ongoing monitoring
- Due diligence and arrangement set up for new outsourced services on behalf of London Branch.
- Work with our Outsourced Service Providers to ensure a robust framework, strong monitoring and regular contact for resolution of issues.
- Conduct annual due diligence both on site and virtually for your services.
- Be a key driver for the Global Delivery end state structure and enhancement program.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Experience in managing For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below. services in either a operational perspective or governance role
- Strong communication skills, working with many different cultures and locations
- Excellent negotiation/influencing skills and ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to work as a team but also as a self starter and independently
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the Financial Services industry
- Audit experience preferred but not essential
- Awareness / understanding of CASS/EBA/SYSC
Role is possible in either London or Edinburgh and is an occasional hybrid role (1-2 days in the office per week).
Annual travel will be required – potentially 5-10 days depending on outsourcing service location.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.