Tax Manager - North America
Leading to better encompasses all we do at Kerry, it's how we've become the worlds leading taste and nutrition company. Whether it's building and manufacturing sustainable solutions for food, beverage or pharmaceutical consumers, our commitment to lead the world to better nutrition drives us forward. With 24,000+ colleagues across the globe and 15,000+ Kerry products, your opportunities are limitless.
Kerry is the world's leading taste and nutrition company for the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries. Every day we partner with customers to create healthier, tastier and more sustainable products that are consumed by billions of people across the world. Our vision is to be our customers' most valued partner, creating a world of sustainable nutrition. A career with Kerry offers you an opportunity to shape the future of food while providing you opportunities to explore and grow in a truly global environment.
Where you´ll work
This role can be performed both Hybrid being able to commute to our Headquarters in Beloit, WI or Remotely US Wide.
What you´ll do
- Management of the North American (US and Canada) corporate tax compliance and provision, including both federal and state tax compliance (with the support of the tax accountants on the US tax team).
- Manage, support and develop tax accountants.
- Provide leadership & support to Regional Tax Director on US Direct tax matters.
- Working with our Tax Audit Director to manage US Federal & State Direct tax audits, together with addressing tax matters arising from same.
- Assist with planning and implementation of allocated tax initiatives, being able to communicate impact and issues to relevant parties and explain accounting treatment to finance personnel.
- Advise on taxation matters relating to acquisitions or disposals including structuring and due diligence. Assist with managing any claims under the taxation warranties or indemnity
- Management and support of the various tax matters relating to the company’s international operating structure, from a tax audit and controversy perspective.
- Identification, examination and implementation of tax planning and group restructuring opportunities to minimise group tax charges and reduce group effective tax rate. Encourage regular dialogue and idea generation to achieve the group’s tax objectives from, the various markets.
- Responsible for preparing technical research, including preparing and maintaining tax analyses and technical papers, to support tax filing positions.
- Work closely with Regional Tax Director and Group Tax team to ensure accurate accounting of current and deferred tax in the Group statutory accounts (with the support of the tax accountants on the US tax team).
- Proactively develop an awareness for tax within the US beyond tax and finance professionals to ensure that tax outcomes are assessed.
- Develop strong relationships with key internal business stakeholders ensuring close and regular dialogue is maintained with operations, regional finance directors and finance managers.
- Bachelor’s degree with an accounting emphasis
- Master in Tax a plus
- Experience with large public accounting firm a plus
- A minimum of 7-10 years relevant tax and financial experience ideally gained in a large professional practice firm or from a large multinational environment
- Experience of leading teams with varied skills and experience – responsible for building & developing talent within your team.
- Experience of managing relationships with internal business leaders and your internal customers in a matrix environment (in the majority these are Kerry Group employees).
- Able to deal effectively in a multi-jurisdictional and global environment
- High degree of commercial acumen and ability to make reasoned decisions and judgements
- High levels of personal credibility, professionalism and integrity
- Willing to challenge the status quo whilst maintaining a team ethos
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, able to convert the technical to non-technical
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. EEO is the Law poster can be found here. Additional information can also be here.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.