Digibank Malaysia Project - Lead, Balance Sheet Management
Grab led consortium has been selected to receive a digital banking license in Malaysia, subject to meeting all of BNM’s regulatory conditions. The diigital banks will accelerate access to financial services for the underserved and unserved markets in Malaysia.
We are incredibly excited to build a digital bank with the right foundation and core values. We are currently looking for result driven and highly motivated individuals to form the Finance team. If you have what it takes, we would love to hear from you.
The incumbent will be assisting Treasurer in:
- Proactive management of Bank’s balance sheet in line with policy and risk appetite
- Highlight material risks and develop opportunities and strategies to add value and protect earnings
- Work with Technology to implement appropriate solutions to ensure that computation and reporting of Capital and Liquidity metrics from respective systems remains accurate
- Support stress testing processes to ensure capital levels remain healthy and robust through economic cycles
- Support regulatory changes to ensure that the Bank’s Capital and liquidity reporting is complaint with the regulations
- Preparation of monthly ALCO report
- Production of daily liquidity reports and weekly forecasts
- Ensure adherence to all internal policies and external regulations and establish a robust governance process.
- Continually enhance the control environment to maintain robust processes around reconciliation, data quality and adjustments ensuring complete and accurate reporting across BSM processes
- Assist with analysis and impact of regulation changes to the Digibank
The Must Haves:
The successful candidate would be a highly motivated and resilient individual who possess:
- At least 8 years of working experience in Capital & Balance Sheet Management
- Preferably a qualified accountant in the Banking/Financial Services sector
- Good knowledge of ALM techniques and practises
- Possess knowledge of financial markets products, retail and commercial banking products
- Experience in working with cross border and functional teams
- Structured thought process and a strong analytical ability
- Good communication & inter-personal skills