Manager Finance SME
Description of business unit
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Finance Transformation Team has been established within Group Finance to deliver the Finance Transformation Programme (Project Athr).
Project Athr is an exciting and multifaceted project fully aligned to the Group's transformation agenda and a key priority of Group Finance "to build a finance function for the future which, through simplification and automation, can focus on implementing the Group strategy".
The Programme's objectives include the delivery of a new SAP environment, incorporating Product Sub Ledgers, General Ledger, Consolidation functionality, Business Warehouse etc; and design of enhanced work practices to take advantage of the new technology.
Purpose of the Role
Given the scope of the Programme, it is broken down into multiple critical paths & work streams. With our consultant partners on the project, the team has worked on establishing foundational steps to support the new SAP environment and future work practices. We are now looking to expand the team with subject matter expertise to ensure that all objectives of the programme are met during 2022 to 2024.
Working with other subject matter authorities, you will support the work stream lead to ensure that the Finance Transformation Programme delivers on the Bank's requirements. This role will be involved in many stages of the programme to ensure all business data, processes and control and reconciliation requirements are identified and incorporated into the programme.
- Work directly with the work stream lead to deliver the work stream requirements, ensuring that the plan delivers to the intended outcomes on time, within budget and to an acceptable quality standard.
- Liaison with relevant finance, regulatory and other internal partners to ensure full representation of Finance requirements, establishing strong collaborative relationships.
- Assist to ensure that any new risks and issues are being flagged through the appropriate channels as they are identified.
- Assist to provide specific business input into the decisions enabling the design and configuration of the new SAP systems and the future operating processes.
What is the opportunity
An exciting opportunity to become a member of our team at an important stage of the Transformation Programme. Opportunity to be involved directly in crafting and finalising improved Finance systems and work processes to make Finance a great place to work in the future.
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our commitment to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a Hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person collaboration, and a location where you can best perform your role. The primary location for this role is Dublin.
Please note you must live in the jurisdiction to the business to which you are contracted.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of Finance and the core operating systems.
- Understanding of Finance processes and procedures.
- Organisational skills with the ability handle a range of contending priorities and tight delivery timelines.
- Ability to build and sustain positive relationships with a wide range of partners in an exciting and multifaceted environment.
- Self-starter with good interpersonal skills and adept at establishing professional creditability at all levels.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA), or relevant Project Management or Business Analysis qualifications.
- Good written and oral communication skills with attention to detail.
- Knowledge and experience of the banks project change delivery approach.
- An understanding of SAP accounting & reporting modules.
- One Group, one team - Self
- Champion Transformation - Self
- Accountable - Self
- Agile - Self
- Amplify Capability - Self
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.