Strategic Pricing Lead - Commercial Finance ( Nairobi)
Kerry is the world's leading taste and nutrition company for the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries. Every day we partner with customers to create healthier, tastier and more sustainable products that are consumed by billions of people across the world. Our vision is to be our customers' most valued partner, creating a world of sustainable nutrition. A career with Kerry offers you an opportunity to shape the future of food while providing you opportunities to explore and grow in a truly global environment.
About the role
As a Strategic Pricing Lead, you will be accountable for turning information into performance insight/foresight to ensure value creation across the relevant East Africa locations. Support the business through best-in class standards delivering faster, accurate and insightful decision making by leveraging details analytics on historical pricing data, customer patterns and market trends. Spearhead a shift to value pricing, focusing on customer and market insights driven analysis nd forward looking opportunities aligned to business strategy.
Work Location : Nairobi - Kenya
- Ensuring accurate and timely response to pricing requests, to ensure that the customer receives information quickly.
- Assist commercial team in order to support, develop and maintain catalogue price list.
- Evaluating profitability and feasibility of all projects identified by the sales team pipeline projects.
- Working across departments to enable joined up decision making based on financial data, ensuring that the decision makers in the firm understand the financial implications of the mission they set for the company in a period.
- Evaluating rebate and discount requests by the sales team, to ensure that volumes set for qualifying incentives will improve margins and grow the business.
- Providing financial support to the sales and operations team for any commercial projects they want to undertake, making sure that the projects the teams bring in are profitable and will grow the business.
- Preparation of financial analyses and models to assist in the evaluation of business initiatives and capital investments. Analysis include pricing, cost-benefit analyses based on identifying expense drivers and allocations.
- Risk and contingency analysis and identifying areas of potential risk threatening profitability, example exchange rates movements, taxes and supply chain constraints, that may affect future profitability.
- Review and analyse inventory and margin reports, conduct research on causes in margin variances, through performing analytical studies in regard to cost changes between time of pricing and actual sales and reporting.
- Driving improvements and efficiencies within the global structure, by identifying and negotiating the transfer prices that are too high that will affect the division’s cash flow in the long run.
- Review of business performance and provide recommendations on strategic direction
- Implementing the annual price increase process, ensuring that the sales team receive the price increase letters within the customers set timelines.
- Works with the Regional PMM lead and wider team providing input into the overall pricing strategy and executing against it
- Part of the decision-making process for margin deviation and currency / raw material coverage
- Improve quality and accuracy across the end-to-end Price setting process
- Liaise with key business contacts in various departments, ensuring efficiencies in supply chain.
- Own the budgeting and forecasting for their area for with relation to Revenue, Cost and Margin.
Qualifications and skills
- BComm degree/qualified Chartered Accountant with SAICA
- Minimum of 5 years relevant pricing and margins experience within a commercial environment
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and financial modelling
- Financial management skills
- Skills in cost controlling and general accounting/financial reporting principles
- SAP Experience an advantage
- Building and maintaining relationships
- Managing effective teams and work
- Exhibiting leadership stature
- Providing internal and external customers with timely, quality, and courteous financial service
- Evaluate evidence for value, validity, and accuracy based on information found
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Client management skills
- Results focus
- Strong commercial focus
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure
- Written & oral ability to communicate complex ideas concisely
- Able to operate in complex and dynamic working environment, with several reporting points
Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Analytical skills
- Decision making & judgment
- Problem Solving - enquiring mind, lateral thinking
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.