Audit Assistant Manager
You'll be involved in all aspects of delivering audit engagements, from planning to completion on a broad spectrum of audited entities.
A Top 20 practice who are looking to recruit an Audit Assistant Manager to join as a pivotal hire into their growing Audit team. The firm has grown organically and sustained positive growth over the last year and they are looking to complement their growth with a new Audit professional. The firm's clients range in size; from small sole traders to large businesses with multi-million-pound turnover. The successful individual will carve an influential role; playing a major part in the future development of the firm, whilst joining a team where every staff member has an opportunity to make a real difference. The firm encourages and fosters an ethos of quality service across the entire business, where individuals are developed to achieve their potential and career goals.
The key responsibilities for this Audit Assistant Manager position at a leading accountancy firm:
- You will manage a portfolio of audit clients alongside the preparation of accounts and corporation tax computations/returns for limited companies;
- Ad hoc duties will arise in supporting the local partners as necessary;
- The main purpose of the role is to ensure compliance with GAAP and practical guidance is provided on regulatory matters such as tax and VAT regulations, requirements of UK law and the principles of good governance;
- Provide an on-site co-ordination role for audit clients including planning, day-to-day control of the audit team, liaising with clients and completing audit assignments whilst ensuring audit files have appropriate and sufficient documentation;
- Work and liaise with other members of the audit team and colleagues in other parts of the firm as necessary to provide high-quality client service;
- Supervising a small team and coach and train junior staff;
- You will prepare statutory financial statements from client data and highlight high-level risk areas or matters of concern to the Partner/Manager whilst using a significant degree of your own judgement; and
- As your responsibilities continue to develop you will be planning the execution and finalisation of the audit assignments for Partner/Manager review.
- Accountancy qualification ACA/ACCA Qualified
- Experience in an Audit Senior or Assistant Manager position
- A keen desire in the field of accounting
- The ability to manage a clients expectations and provide exceptional service
Competitive salary with opportunity to receieve a bonus.