Public Sector Audit Director
This large accountancy firm is looking to hire a Director for their dedicated public sector audit team.
This large accountancy firm's dedicated public sector audit team works with an extensive range of NHS, local and central government organisations, including the police and fire services. These vary in size, from £50 million to £2.2 billion gross expenditure per annum, and in technical complexity.
The Audit Director will be one of the most senior members of the public sector assurance team and will contribute to strategic planning and direction setting, in support of the Partners. This will include both audit entity and people management, and there will be a requirement to continue developing technical knowledge and skills. A specialist area of expertise may also be developed as part of your wider team responsibilities.
- ACA/ICAS/ACCA/CIPFA qualified
- Clear and demonstrable commitment to Audit Quality
- Previous Senior Manager in practice or currently a Director with ambition to develop the role strategically with a view to progression to Partner
- Working knowledge of IFRS, UK GAAP, the Local Government Code of Audit Practice and the NHS Group Accounting Manual and Financial Reporting requirements
- Significant experience of delivering audit and other assurance services to public sector entities, in particular Major Local Audits
- Excellent salary and benefits
- Hybrid working
- You'll be able to be yourself
- Genuine future partnership opportunity