Senior Team Leader, Accounts Payable
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
This role is a mid-level leadership position that will have oversight of multiple Accounts Payable (AP) processes. The role requires skills to manage Team Leads & that manage teams & process ranging from AP Invoice processing, vendor setup & maintenance, helpdesk & customer servicing. This role will require to build a culture of customer centric mindset among the teams and build a high performing, engaged and motivated team to deliver on service levels. The KPI (key performance indicators) & service levels have to maintained at all times.
- Ability to manage teams that provide various functions within AP world
- Build a high performing team that is providing best customer experience
- Ensure compliance to service levels (SLA) and deliver on AP KPIs (key performance indicators)
- Ability to build strong working relationship with stakeholder and customers (both internal & external)
- Ensure compliance on policy standards and anticipate & prevent fraud and non compliance
- Deliver on all operational aspects of the process
- Provide coaching and feedback to build a culture of highly accountable team
- Build a culture of innovation and demonstrate constant improvement to processes
- Mitigate and key people & process risk by creating backups and automation
- Deep accounts payable process & tool domain knowledge
- Familiarity with the processes and stakeholders impacted
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to lead and influence
- Strong presentation skills
- Communication and collaboration skills
- Leadership and motivational skills
- Team working and collaborative skills
- Proficiency in ERP Systems like – PeopleSoft, COUPA, SharePoint, MS Office tools, Power BI, etc.
- Acts with integrity
- Adaptable to new ways of working
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- Engaging and enthusiastic
- Experience collaborating with senior stakeholders to establish capability development strategy
- Experience in project management, product management, change management, business requirement gathering, and/or business user acceptance roles is required
- A college university or degree with 10+ years of related industry experience in Accounts Payable or P2P
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.