Operations Client Service Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who has a good experience in Fund Accounting / NAV Calculation / Financial Reporting / Trade life cycle management.
The role requires working in conjunction with individuals on the team as well as other Shared Services/COEs, outsource partners, Client Operations, other business units as needed to ensure seamless processing according to the fund’s policies, to ensure NAV/yield accuracy and that all SLAs are met.
The role is based out of State Street's (Bangalore/Hyderabad/Mumbai?) office.
The team you will be joining will work on State Street product and services in the (Mutual Fund/Hedge Fund/Private Equity/Real Assets?) space as part of State Street Global Delivery- Fund Accounting.
What you will be responsible for
As Senior Associate you will
- Manage the day-to-day activities of a functional/oversight team by monitoring, reviewing and validating all daily activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness in calculations and processing
- Ensure adherence to controls in daily activities, e.g. ensuring accurate g/l and/or balance for daily pricing
- Research and resolve discrepancies, exceptions and issues and escalate unresolved issues to management as required
- Support inquiry resolution in a timely and accurate manner and communicate effectively with client when necessary
- Provide timely accurate management reporting and issue log maintenance, under moderate supervision
- Ensure appropriate records of daily and monthly activities are kept
- Coordinate effective and timely flow of critical information to all relevant parties and follows up on administrative details within the department
- Ensure SOPs / process flows / training manuals are updated on regular basis
- Perform duties of Associates if required, perform other duties as assigned
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and possess strong problem solving and resolution skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organization, interpersonal, planning and analytical skills
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, high volume atmosphere with attention to detail and service focus.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet internal or industry deadlines
- Understanding of client SLAs and metrics
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related Custody and/or Fund Accounting experience.
- Graduate or Postgraduate in commerce, business management or relevant discipline
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word)
- Good understanding of Fund accounting products
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.