Credit Risk Specialist
Description of business unit
Group Internal Audit (GIA) forms the 3rd line of defence for the Bank of Ireland Group. The credit risk audit team in GIA provides assurance on the effectiveness of the 1st and 2nd lines of defence in credit risk management, internal control and corporate governance across the Group. GIA provides independent challenging, risk focused assurance that meets our key customers' needs. We have a Group-wide remit and, as a result, have a deep insight into all of the Group's activities and access to the most senior levels within the Group.
Risk Assurance & Credit Review (RACR), within Group Risk provides 2nd line risk-based assurance that the standards of credit risk management across the Group are acceptable. It assesses the management of loans and other credit risk exposures and identifies areas for potential improvement. Its remit covers lending, credit underwriting and arrears management units across the Group.
Both teams work together closely to deliver optimised and efficient credit assurance coverage within the Group's Risk Management Framework.
Purpose of the Role
As part of a small successful team we work together to be a key enabler of the Group's strategic plan through the completion of high quality assurance work. You will perform and/or lead individual credit risk assurance assignments, gaining knowledge of end-to-end credit risk management across a diversified multi-national financial services group, gaining exposure to a variety of credit risk units and their management teams.
- Timely delivery of the Assurance Plan through performing and/or leading individual credit risk assurance assignments and producing high quality work papers and reports.
- Identify and maintain the Assurance Strategy for credit risk and contribute to the co-ordinated 2nd and 3rd line planning process to ensure effective coverage of credit risk assurance across the Group.
- Maintain relationships with designated senior credit risk managers and lenders.
- Ensure that appropriate action plans are agreed in respect of identified audit issues and that issues are not closed until actions are appropriately evidenced.
- Support GIA's/Group Risk's senior leadership team in the ongoing development of capability and execution of strategy, including embracing agile assurance techniques.
What is the opportunity?
Join a dynamic team that is leading the way in agile assurance. This is an outstanding opportunity to view the Bank through a multidisciplinary lens. You will work closely with collaborators across the Group to provide 'Independent Insight and Opinion'. Enjoy a culture which is passionate about putting our values into action.
We have a number of vacancies across Credit Risk Assurance in both the 3rd line (Internal Audit) and 2nd line (Credit Review) areas.
Ways of Working
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our dedication to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person teamwork, and a location where you can best perform your role.
Please note you must live in the jurisdiction for the business to which you are contracted.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Able to challenge management in an open and constructive manner while maintaining effective relationships.
- Strong planning and leadership skills, with the ability to fully engage staff at all levels.
- Track record that demonstrates good judgement, drive, agility and resilience!
- Strong experience in lending/credit risk management
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to interrogate complex information and identify potential issues
- Shown ability to deliver high quality work within pre-defined timeframes.
- Highly developed written and oral communications skills.
- Great understanding of existing and upstream regulations relating to credit risk including the Capital Requirements Regulation, IFRS 9, and relevant EBA/ECB standards and guidelines.
- Manage Risk - People Manager
- Customer Focused - People Manager
- One Group, one team - People Manager
- Accountable - People Manager
- Agile - People Manager
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Flexible Working Promise - New Role, Same Flexibility:
We know how important flexibility is; the Bank is committed to flexible work matching, which will look to match your existing flexible working arrangements to your new job.
Closing at: Oct 10 2022 at 01:00 IST
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.