Finance Project Partner
We are looking for a self motivated and driven Finance Project Partner to join our fast growing Finance Operations team to support, coordinate and manage a variety of finance projects and key seasonal events. You will partner with multiple areas of the business both internally and externally to ensure all requirements are captured and documented to keep projects on track and within SLAs.
We are looking for someone who has project management experience, ideally with a Finance environment and is comfortable managing multiple internal, 3rd party and Customer project resources. The role is challenging but very exciting and the ability to work under pressure and be motivated by pace and delivery is a must. You will thrive on challenging the status quo when necessary and be ready and expectant of new, sometimes short notice challenges. You’ll also value the need for procedure, control and auditability.
The role is based at our head office in Leicestershire and there will be occasional travel to Stores.
About the role:
- Lead / support on business and finance projects and other ad hoc activities as required
- Recording and documenting projects by means of PPT decks, meeting agendas and minutes, project timelines, plus team and client meeting management
- Responsible for supporting the project team with planning and execution of multiple key events
- Maintain a strong and effective working relationship with internal project teams, Business Partners and the wider Finance department
- Advise Project Managers on appropriate financial set up for projects
- Coordination and organisation of 3rd party services,support with the management of deliverables and SLA’s
- All operational aspects of setup & maintenance relating to payment service providers
- Coordination of Retail Store Opening & closures relating to Stock, Banking & Payment activities
- Create, Maintain & implement operational policies and processes
- Prepare and distribute scheduled & adhoc analysis and reporting around business responsibility areas
What we are looking for:
- An excellent project & events coordinator with proven experience in a large company, working cross functionally with proven ability to deliver to strict deadlines
- The ability to work productively, efficiently and effectively, maintaining attention to detail and quality
- Excellent planning & organisation skills
- Demonstrates self motivation and an ability to work on own initiative and is confident making decisions
- Excellent written and verbal skills, coupled with the ability to comfortably present to all levels
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- The willingness to learn, improve and adapt to changing business needs.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to think outside the box.
- Exceptional working knowledge of MS Office (esp. MS Excel) suite of products, Google Gsuite is desirable
- SQL & Microsoft SSMS is experience is desirable
- Head Office Bonus Scheme – dependent upon Next Brand Profit targets being achieved (6% paid in 2020) Pays out in April, have to be in the business the previous year for it to pay out the following April
- Employee Share Save Scheme (save up to £250 per month) offered once a year in October when share price is released. If the share price doesn’t increase, no money will be lost
- Contributory Pension Scheme (After 3 Months 5% employee/3% employer)
- Staff Discount of 25% (on most Next merchandise)
- 25 days holiday entitlement (Increases with service) and can buy and sell up to 3 days a year up to the total of 33 days
- Free access to Aviva’s Digital GP app
- Free parking on site
- On site Nursery in Enderby – rated outstanding by Ofsted
- Restaurant, juice bar and coffee shop on site in Enderby. Restaurant and coffee shops in South Elmsall and Doncaster
- Normal working hours will be 36 per week and will be from 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday (inclusive) and 9.00am to 4.45pm on Friday with a 45 minute unpaid lunch break each day. You may need to work reasonable additional hours to fulfill your duties.
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
Our aim is to support all applicants during the application process and to provide reasonable adjustments when necessary and requested. If you would like to request support with your application due to any health condition, feel free to get in touch with us by calling us on 0116 284 6858 and leave a voicemail.
Apply Before 11/04/2022, 07:25 PM
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.