Corporate Actions - Processing Oversight, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
A vacancy exists for the position of a Corporate Actions Oversight Senior Associate on the UK Fund Accounting Corporate Actions Oversight Team. Reporting to the Officer of the FA Corporate Actions UK Oversight Team, the candidate will be responsible for managing the Oversight Function cross all clients in a busy and challenging environment.
This is a small team, so it is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in a fast moving financial environment in addition to gaining exposure within the firm and to all Corporate Action events.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Process Delivery. SSGPD gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Senior Associate you will
- Engage our Outsourcing Service Providers (OSP) to ensure client satisfaction is met
- Perform a high level review of Corporate Action events manually posted by our OSPs
- Collate and review KPI/KRI of our OSPs and to discuss issues on weekly and monthly calls.
- Ensure ATPR / Remedial actions are confirmed as complete and updated within the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) by the OSP.
- Conduct reviews of cash and stock recon files, flagging breaks which require attention to the OSP and escalate as required
- Raise potential risk or known risk items to line management within the agreed timeframes
- Actively monitor and resolve escalated queries from other departments to avoid impact to the NAV
- Participate in client new business take-on requests
- Ensure both internal and external client satisfaction by effectively dealing with any issues / escalations that arise within the agreed Service Level Agreements.
- Participate in business transformation projects that will minimize waste, improve efficiency (either existing or new issues)
- Actively participate in any auditing process to achieve a high rating during review
- Ensure Daily tasks assigned to the Corporate Action Oversight Team are actively monitored and achieved
- Participate in continuous process review to ensure a high standard of Standard Operating Procedures are in place.
- Bring any employee relations issues to the attention of management
- Organize and attend team & manager meetings or arrange conference calls as required
- Attend weekly, monthly and ad-hoc calls / meetings as required (Control, SRM, client, internal etc.)
- Coaching of both new and experienced staff members
- Deputize for line manager in times of absence
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Excellent administrative, organizational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent organizational, planning and co-ordination skills.
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Proactive with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Fund Accounting Application knowledge (MCH)
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Good numerical and analytical abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail is crucial
- Methodical and organized
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.