Technical Coordinator, Client Valuation Reporting
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Client Valuation Reporting is a business function set up to support the reporting needs of global partners and clients. CVR is a team of global service financial professionals that has operational capabilities in all locations. The position entails the supervision of the operation of the Financial Accounting group. The partner serves as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) of the process and will liaise with Home Location in relation to allocation and productions of reports, adhoc requirements by clients and respond to queries sent out by auditors/clients/regulators in relation to the reports being produced.
- Ensures that the team/divisions’ goals for accuracy and timeliness are maintained
- Plans and manages the team workflow to accomplish critical tasks on time
- Ensures that new procedures are effectively communicated and system training is administered where needed
- Manages volumes of tasks to meet client deadlines
- Escalates relevant and critical issues to management and all pertinent partners in a timely and efficient manner
- Carries out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact
- May have direct interaction with committees and/or Senior Management
- Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to other more junior level employees
- May manage daily operational activities and supervise day-to-day work of junior level employees (but not a formal management role)
- More technically sound in area of expertise and has broader knowledge of other areas
- Delivers a work product that requires less revision
- In-depth Client Accounting/Industry Knowledge is required
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge is a must, including knowledge of advanced formulas, pivot tables, conditional formatting.
- Strong organizational, written, and verbal client servicing skills required. Must have excellent time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to understand & perform root cause analysis
- Must be a critical thinker with excellent communication skills for presenting, listening, and writing functions. Strong presentation skills with ability to explain complex ideas at a high level.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Undergraduate with at least 5 years of experience in the financial services industry
- Accounting/Finance graduate preferred (CPA or its equivalent is a plus)
- Strong Excel Skillset / Subject matter expert
- Must be a top performer in current role in the recent year(s)
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.