Fixed Asset Analyst
This role is a contract role for 1 year
The R&A Upstream Fixed Asset Analyst will focus on operational excellence in the delivery of their fixed asset responsibilities. They will need to build a deep knowledge of the outputs required and ways of working to deliver these, along with the tools and systems that are an integral enabler of the process.
The role will be supporting Fixed Asset accounting for Shell Malaysia Exploration Upstream (SMEP). Their responsibilities will cover:
- Identifies shortcomings in fixed asset processes, systems and procedures and suggests improvements.
- Processing month end reporting in line with group timelines (journals posting, capital expenditure, IFRS16 leases, depreciation)
- Support Financial analysis by providing commentaries on monthly movements and balances
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations ensuring all control requirements met on a timely basis
- Conducts analyses to solve repetitive or patterned information and data queries/problems.
- Operating all SOX and internal controls in line with Work Instructions and the Group controls framework
- Understand and support specialized requirements for fixed asset in Upstream business
- Participate in Reporting & Analysis (R&A) special projects & timely and effective responses to special data/project requests.
- Exceptionally strong team-working across the process area is essential
- Cooperation with multiple stakeholders
- Must be part qualified accountant, or qualified by experience
- Understanding of financial and fixed asset accounting
- Understanding of IFRS accounting Standards and reporting requirements
- Strong communication skills & stakeholder management skills
- Positive influencing skills and flexible co-operative approach.
- Prior fixed asset accounting exposure is an added advantage
- Prior exposure to SAP accounting system is an added advantage
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.