Financial Accountant - Hybrid
To develop, streamline, maintain and continuously improve the financial control and reporting capability, as we transition the core accounting responsibilities from the existing outsourced service provider inhouse.
They are a not-for-profit organization, their mission is to reduce the burden of common disease on patients.
The duties of Financial Accountant include:
- Manage the day-to-day finance operations, namely accounts payable, accounts receivable, expenses and cash management.
- Lead end-to-end month-end close process, including all general ledger entries and bookkeeping, bank and trial balance reconciliations, P&L and balance sheet review and the preparation of management accounts/financial reports.
- Take a leading role in managing the relationship and transition period with existing outsourced service provider as core accounting responsibilities are brought inhouse and act as the key contact for residual services to be provided (e.g. tax compliance).
- Ensure a robust control environment for all key financial process' is maintained and evolved and workflows documented, commensurate to size and scale of Protas in its growth phase
- Develop monthly/periodic Executive and departmental management accounts pack, including the reporting of appropriate KPIs for changing business needs.
- Provide input into the delivery of the annual budget and the monthly/rolling forecast.
- Develop and manage a rolling liquidity forecast for circulation to the Executive to support effective cash management;
- Prepare annual financial statements under applicable Reporting Standards (UK GAAP) and act as lead contact in external audit process.
- Preparation of accounting papers for all major transactions, technical issues and implications of new standards/amendments for sign-off by external auditors as required.
- Take ownership of chart of accounts and mapping in line financial reporting requirements and management information needs.
- Assess finance system requirements and ensure that optimum system has been implemented as Protas moves into operational phase.
- Prepare and manage all financial reporting requirements under third party funding agreements.
The duties of the Financial Accountant include:
- Part qualified ACA/ACCA and on track to fully qualify within approx 12 months.
- Experience of working in a finance team.
- Solid experience of managing key financial processes, bookkeeping and the preparation of management accounts.
- Strong technical accounting acumen with solid experience of preparing financial statements in line with UK GAAP (subject to audit).
- Solid experience of maintaining strong financial controls and process documentation.
- Solid experience of finance/accounting systems and implementing process improvements.
- Strong IT skills - proficient in full Microsoft Office suite, with advanced level skills in Excel.
The successful Financial Accountant will receive:
- Hybrid working
- Opportunity to work for a unique NFP organisation
- Supportive and friendly team