IFRS17 Reporting Actuary - We are recruiting for several IFRS17 Review Actuary positions to to join a new IFRS17 CSM Hub team within the Actuarial Reporting & Analysis (Life Finance) business area.
Salary: £60,000 - 80,000, bonus between 16-32%, 38 days holiday and 10% bonus
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Wythall, Birmingham
Did you know the Phoenix Group is consistently listed as one of the UK's top employers? Our people uphold our values of responsibility, courage, difference, growth and passion and are at the very heart of the success of our business. Together, we'll shape a better future
We're currently recruiting for several IFRS17 Review Actuary positions to to join a new IFRS17 CSM Hub team within the Actuarial Reporting & Analysis (Life Finance) business area to provide a professional service applying actuarial, technical & business knowledge to support the delivery of informed & effective decision making in order to deliver the company strategy.
You will be joining the IFRS17 CSM Hub team within our Actuarial Reporting function, with responsibility for developing, testing and reviewing IFRS17 CSM calculation engine tools. On a day-to-day basis you will use your actuarial knowledge and experience to work initially alongside external solutions providers and internal IFRS17 project team to build a CSM calculation engine to be used for all business across the Phoenix Group. Once the IFRS17 programme is complete the team will transition into the business and become the CSM Review team who will provide good quality analysis of CSM results at a Group of Insurance Contracts ("GIC") level, ensuring completeness and accuracy and communicating them effectively to senior management.
You will also contribute by communicating effectively to ensure deliveries are met, maintaining strong relationships across the business, with external consultants, and within the actuarial reporting team and contributing constructively to group discussions.
- Contribute to the specification, development and testing of complex propositions or numerical models, analysing a range of business data, making recommendations to Senior Actuaries and/or senior management to support decision making.
- Contribute to the preparation of papers and reports for senior management and executives as required, with suitable supervision.
- Lead small scale projects or elements of large scale more complex (12 month plus duration) projects to support the business.
- Act as actuarial subject matter expert on strategic business or Group level projects to ensure specialist input is provided to business decision making.
- Communicate effectively with a technical actuarial audience and simplify communications of technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Continually look to enhance processes and procedures to deliver effective solutions for the business.
- Provide technical leadership in key areas of expertise and represent business area appropriately within cross divisional projects.
- Apply a high level of knowledge and understanding of technical software, regulation, proposition, systems and processes and changes in the external market place as relevant for role.
- Maintaining up to date regulatory, business & professional knowledge in an environment of fast moving regulatory change.
- Maintaining breadth and depth of technical understanding to meet Continuing Professional Development requirements.
- Applying commercial understanding of the business to ensure financial, business & actuarial advice is aligned with the business needs.
- Communicating complex concepts and recommendations to multiple stakeholders across the business both in the UK and potentially globally.
- Regularly working to defined and tight timescales whilst maintaining professional standards.
- Balancing business demand, issues and risks by applying sound judgement in complex scenarios, often with considerable uncertainty.
Alongside this, you will possess strong time management and relationship building skills, with a particular emphasis on effectively communicating across a variety of stakeholders, ranging from senior management to new graduates. In return, you'll have the chance to make your mark in a rapidly-developing FTSE-listed company, able to offer excellent rewards and superb conditions in a great working environment.
What We're Looking For
Actuary with a reporting experience background
- Fully Qualified (FFA/FIA) / Nearly Qualified Actuary
- Education - Undergraduate Degree (or equivalent)
- IFRS17 Reporting experience
What We Offer
Bring your 'whole self', skills and dedication to the Phoenix Group and we'll recognise your effort, support your development and help to drive your ambition. We'll ensure you're rewarded for your contribution with a competitive package that includes an attractive pension, annual bonus potential, private medical insurance, generous holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity and adoption leave and a range of other financial services and lifestyle flexible benefits.
Join us and you join a unique organisation. It's not just the 14 million policyholders we serve, or the £300 billion of assets we look after. Or that we're a FTSE 100 company that has been listed as one of the UK's Top Employers for nine years running. It's our talented, inclusive and diverse workforce that makes us a success. We offer flexible working opportunities ensuring we attract and retain the very best of talent. Find out about more about our people's stories, our values and our commitment to diversity.
- Analytical Skills
- Communication Skills
- Delivering Results
- Embrace Change
- Impact & Influence
- Innovation and Creativity
Online Interviews and Onboarding
All our interviews, onboarding and new joiners are now managed remotely. We have in place a strong virtual support network to ensure new colleagues are supported and developed as they navigate their first few months with us
Phoenix Group is a member of the FTSE 100 index and is the UK's largest long-term savings and retirement business. We specialise in the acquisition and management of Heritage life insurance and pension funds. We've businesses in the UK, Germany and Ireland and hold a broad range of both Heritage and Open products split across three key business segments: UK Heritage, UK Open and Europe. Our open business manufactures and underwrites new products and policies to support people saving for their future in areas such as workplace pensions and SIPPs, primary under the Standard Life brand. And we market corporate pension trustee services and manufacture products to be sold under other brands. Did you know Phoenix Life manufactures SunLife's market leading Guaranteed Over 50's plan? Find out more about Phoenix Group here.
We value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone.