Fund Accounting Senior Analyst
Acting as the functional heart of our business, Operations makes everything work on time and on target, in a world that demands lightning-fast transaction speeds, pinpoints execution accuracy and full visibility. It ensures global transactions flow smoothly around the clock, wherever we do business. Without it, the daily clearance, settlement and execution of a trillion dollars’ worth of trades and the weekly movement of tens of billions of dollars in dozens of world currencies would come to a complete standstill.
You’ll have strong communication, planning and organizational skills which will benefit you and the team. Our teams need individuals who can research, process, and interpret large amounts of information everyday which will allow you to make ethical decisions with integrity
The Fund Accounting Senior Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for participating in a variety of fund valuation activities in coordination with the Operations - Transaction Services team. The overall objective of this role is to assist in the calculation of daily and periodic Net Asset Valuations (NAVs) for funds and the distribution of associated unit prices.
- Monitor the work activities to ensure timeliness and accuracy of the funds activities in a department, including calculation of NAV and distribution factors
- Process daily work in a timely and accurate manner as well as act as an escalation point for questions and research
- Review associate work and provide signoff for complex transactions or sensitive clients
- Assist in developing training materials and training employees, and act as escalation point for questions and research
- Ensure procedures and controls are followed and the integrity of the data processing environment is maintained
- Support and oversee overall fraud quality control both monetary and non-monetary
- Assist manager in identifying need for and implementing procedural changes, assist in BAU administration of team, and act as backup for manager
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behaviour, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency
- 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Chartered Accountant /CFA/MBA will be an advantage
- Experience in accounting, finance, or business-related area
- Experience in fund administration, change management, and/or project management
- Demonstrated Subject Matter Expert (SME) knowledge in related area
- Effective verbal and written English skills
- Proficient computer skills with a focus on Microsoft Office applications
- Details oriented
- Work in a challenging area of the financial industry with one of the world’s leading companies with exposure to variety of products, processes and controls
- Cooperation with a high quality, international, multicultural and global team
- Work in a friendly and diversified environment, appreciating differences in style and perspective and using them to add value to decisions leading to organizational success
- Management supporting balanced and agile work
- Attractive benefits package (Benefit System, medical care, pension plan etc.)
- A chance to make a difference with various affinity networks and charity initiatives
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.