IFRS 17 Audit Assist
KPMG in Malta is one of the leading providers of audit, tax and advisory services. Our vision is to be our clients’ clear choice, the employer of choice, and also to maintain the highest levels of trust by the community. Our work is client-centric, and we integrate innovative methodologies and deep expertise to deliver results. This translates into a high level of client satisfaction. Our experience ranges from multinationals to promising startups, private to public sector undertakings, local to international clientele. Our values remain at the heart of all we do; shared by all our firms in 145 countries. KPMG (including Microsoft Business Solutions) is the largest professional services provider in Malta, with over 750 employees.
About the Job
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with experience in the Insurance industry to further one’s career with a focus on IFRS 17 implementation.
Working in our Audit team within KPMG Malta means being part of a team of supportive and highly talented individuals who genuinely enjoy working together to deliver high-quality financial statement audits to entities as well as providing valuable industry specific insights and perspectives on salient issues to our clients. This will include IFRS adoption and transitioning to new standards, providing specialised training and review of financial statements in terms of IFRS.
- Working in a multicultural and diverse environment
- Being part of a growing Insurance Audit team
At KPMG Malta we are proud that we embrace inclusion & diversity and our aim is to continue to grow as individuals and as a firm. We offer relocation support for Expats interested in moving to our lovely sunny island.
- Providing support to KPMG audit teams in connection with IFRS 17 interpretations
- Liaising with teams across KPMG as necessary to build expertise alongside a number of experienced and talented professionals with different skillsets including accountants, auditors, actuaries and insurance experts
The Right Fit
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the Insurance industry. Although audit experience will be considered an asset, it is not a prerequisite for this role
- Education - University degree in accountancy or ACCA qualification
- Technical knowledge on IFRS 17
- Fluent in English
- Enthusiasm to learn, transfer knowledge and ability to work in a team
- Effective communication skills
The role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to continue to build on their existing knowledge and skills, to operate at a more senior level and to add greater value. We have ambitious plans and offer the successful candidate the opportunity for development and advancement as we achieve those plans. Similar experience of working in a similar environment will be considered an asset.
Does the above align with your expectations and sound like something you would like to explore further?
Do you believe you have the right skills to portray the KPMG values both internally and externally? We would love the opportunity to discuss how your career aspirations can be accomplished at KPMG.
Should the above vacancy interest you, please visit our website via the apply button below to submit your application.