Regulatory Capital Calculation Manager
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
- Work in the Finance department of one of the world’s top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight into the business.
- A competitive salary and eligibility for annual bonus.
- Open minded and welcoming environment, where your ideas are taken seriously.
- Continued professional development based on your career interests.
- The ability to grow and shape your own career
- Dynamic environment
- Work-life balance
Reporting to the IS Regulatory Capital Calculation and related Internal Reporting VP in Budapest, the main responsibility is to:
- Review daily/weekly Capital Calculation deliverables related to Risk Weighted Assets (RWA) and Capital analysis according to the Standardized Capital Calculation rules for EMEA.
- Review of monthly and quarterly Variance Analysis relating to Capital Calculation, challenge commentaries explaining movements, trends in Capital/RWA
- Interact regularly with related functions to understand new business requirements and their implications on the team
- Possess solid knowledge of Regulatory Capital Calculation and Reporting framework (Basel III)
- Lead team by example, delegate tasks to team members and monitor progress
- Challenge processes and procedures, enhance controls and support strategic development of firm systems
- Encourage process automation and system enhancements
- Directly contribute to department plans and results
- Participate in project work to implement new regulatory requirements (CRR2)
- Act as an SME in the team in supporting ad hoc regulatory requests
- Hold a Finance degree or equivalent
- 4+ years finance experience in the financial services industry (preferably in the regulatory reporting, financial and product control, liquidity, treasury)
- Regulatory and compliance knowledge with financial background and risk management is a plus
- Experience in managing, developing and leading teams
- Proven skills in investigating complex data issues and discover root causes
- Knowledge of financial products and regulatory capital/reporting rules/landscape is an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in verbal/writing and present to various types of audiences complex issues in an easy to understand manner
- Experience with establishing and meeting critical deadlines, as well as tracking and driving execution
- Flexibility to change priorities as new situations present themselves
- Risk awareness and good guardianship skills
- Collaborative team player with a strong work ethic that works effectively in cross-functional team environment
- CFA/ FRM qualification is an advantage
The IS Regulatory Capital Calculation and related Internal Reporting team is responsible for preparing Capital and Risk Weighted Assets calculation according to standardized approach and other financial analysis for Morgan Stanley’s Business Units in a daily, weekly monthly and quarterly basis. The group liaises with Regulatory Reporting teams in New York, London and Germany as well as with other Finance teams globally.
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
At Morgan Stanley Budapest, we are shaping the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas, including Technology, Mathematical Modeling, Finance, Risk Management, Operations and Data & Analytics from our new state-of-the-art offices near the Danube and our City Gate office in the heart of the city center.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.