Operational Risk Control, AVP #208208
Your field of responsibility
The CFO Operational Risk and Control (ORC) – Regulatory Reporting Quality Assurance (RRQA) team acts as the 2nd Line of Defense to ensure an effective control environment over the Regulatory Reporting production and filing process across Credit Suisse departments. RRF is one of the key control programs of the bank covering over 3000 reports and playing a pivotal role in the overall regulatory reporting control environment having direct impact on both internal and external partners of Credit Suisse. RRQA function is responsible for periodically monitoring and testing the controls surrounding the preparation and filing of regulatory reports in accordance with the risk assessment framework to ensure completeness and accuracy. The team operates independent of the day-to-day regulatory report preparation process.
As a team member your responsibility would be to:
- Assist in preparing Global RRF STC packs on a monthly basis and also provide inputs to the Regional RRF STC forums to ensure adherence to required Governance levels
- Actively participate and drive the project work to be carried out on the improvement of the Regulatory Reporting framework that includes aspects related to Overall Governance, Key Controls Documentation, Thematic reviews, Data Governance, Policy improvement, Risk Appetite etc.
- Liaise with Multiple senior partners globally including CRO, CCO, APAC BPS/PB, LEF, GF (BMR/LMR/FMAR teams) in assisting and driving the framework improvements
- Perform a read across with other policies and Global control programs to ensure standardized and robust Improvements
- Assist in building dashboards, enhance and expand the Monitoring metrics suited for various types of partners including data providers. Further liaise with third party contractors to establish the requirement as well as ensure appropriate execution
- Implement the RRQA plan by scheduling and performing QAR activities which includes process walkthrough meetings with Reporting team and Data Providers, gaining understanding of the controls over reporting process and assessing the adequacy of the same, performing sample/ transaction testing, compliance against regulatory requirements on test check, etc.
- Review applicable report procedures, work papers, processes and controls documenting and raising any identified issues/gaps as part of QARs
- Analyze and document testing results and tabulate the recommendations/ QAR report. Conduct subsequent follow ups on those issues/recommendations that where formally raised as a result of the QAR
- Participate in the Regional RRF STC meetings and work around actions therefrom
- Review issues reported by the reporting team and identify root cause, analyze robustness of remediation plan and prepare summary for monthly reporting
- Provide regional support in the regulatory framework by addressing exceptions within reporting inventory tool, follow ups for periodic signs of various forms within the inventory tool, annual attestation, etc.
Your future colleagues
The team is dedicated, hardworking and used to work independently as well as collaboratively. We work with a high level of integrity, attention to detail and look for a colleague who shares our passion and high standards.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.Your skills and experience
We are looking for:
- Chartered Accountant with 7+ years of proven experience in Internal/External Audit function with preferred experience in Big4 or banking/financial services industry
- Proven background and understanding of banking controls and financial services industry
- Outstanding analytical skills as well as attention to details
- The role warrants liaising with very senior management across divisions and departments
- Proficient in Microsoft applications is essential
- Ability to learn and apply learning quickly
- Ability to meet strict reporting deadlines by organizing, prioritizing and having the proven ability to multi-task
- Proven ability to rise to many different challenges that the job may throw up; make steps to problem solve, act appropriately, responsibly and mitigate risks at all stages
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives.
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion with a deep sense of belonging for all of us. We will consider flexible working opportunities where possible. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.