Team Leader, Sub-Custody, Global Billing Function
Role: Sub-custody OOP processor, Global Billing Function
State Street has established a Global Billing Function, which is responsible for client billing set up and invoicing across all business lines and geographies globally at State Street. Organizationally, it combines all groups performing these activities globally, and also includes centers residing in State Street Shared Service locations in Poland, India and China. Billing Organization owns aspects of business-as-usual activities within billing areas and also drives process improvements and automation.
Basic Purpose of Job:
The Sub-custody OOP processor will be responsible for reviewing the Out-of-pocket (OOP) charges in the Sub-custodian invoices and allocate the charges to respective client fund IDs. Also, handle inquiries raised on this process from various operational groups within the organization, auditors, clients and even Sub-custodians, spread across different countries & regions.
The Sub-custody OOP processor will also be responsible for end-to-end update of sub-custody billing applications, along with tracking outstanding exceptions related to sub-custody invoices. They should also be ready to contribute on any ongoing projects within the group, by completing assigned tasks and contribute with ideas where necessary.Responsibilities:-
Business As Usual (BAU) Activities:
- General responsibility for sub-custody billing questions, issues, concerns, and communications
- Adopt “owner’s mind set”, work independently, and effectively manage timelines
- Provide support to customers throughout the billing process
- Liaise with Sub-custodians and Network Management teams to ensure smooth processing of invoices
- Measure, review, and assess performance and progress towards goals
- Responsible for ongoing process improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance with an experience minimum of 4 to 6 years working in a global billing function at a large financial services institution.
- Knowledge of various services and industry trends of billing methods for those services like Custody services, Sub custodian, trust services and out pocket expense billing, asset management etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge and acumen of the billing process across geographies and business areas.
- Demonstrate strong communication and inter-personal skills to effectively contribute in a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Visio), advance levels of Excel (pivot tables, formulas, excel workbook maintenance best practices)
- Knowledge of billing systems
- Conceptual understanding of company-wide financial architecture (GL, sub-GL technology, specialized tools) applicable to the above process groups of processes
- Independent decision-making capabilities, demonstrated thought leadership
- Pride of ownership with the ability to deliver high quality results timely
- Self-motivated, self-assured, and self-managed
- Strong analytical and ability to analyze and summarize complex financial transactions
- Strong attention to details
- Problem solving skills
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task and work under high pressure deadlines
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment