Fund Accounting Senior Analyst
Acting as the functional heart of our business, Operations makes everything work on time and on target, in a world that demands lightning-fast transaction speeds, pinpoints execution accuracy and full visibility. It ensures global transactions flow smoothly around the clock, wherever we do business. Without it, the daily clearance, settlement and execution of a trillion dollars’ worth of trades and the weekly movement of tens of billions of dollars in dozens of world currencies would come to a complete standstill.
You’ll have strong communication, planning and organizational skills which will benefit you and the team. Our teams need individuals who can research, process, and interpret large amounts of information everyday which will allow you to make ethical decisions with integrity
Fund Accounting Senior Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for variety of fund valuation activities, including calculation and verification of the Net Asset Value (NAV) also reconciliation of accounting records to the Custodians.
We work in a global, highly automated environment, offering clients quality services, rich in feature functionality.
Within this position, you will take a significant role in verification of NAV, onboarding of the new business and will have a great opportunity to apply and develop your skills in a team of highly capable fund accountants. Overseeing a number of highly visible change initiatives, serving as a point of contact for our regional partners and the Client In this role, you will also have the opportunity to deepen your knowledge of the End to End process.
- Monitor the work activities to ensure timeliness and accuracy of the funds activities in a department, including calculation of NAV and distribution factors
- Process daily work in a timely and accurate manner as well as act as an escalation point for questions and research
- Review associate work and provide signoff for complex transactions or sensitive clients
- Assist in developing training materials and training employees
- Ensure procedures and controls are followed and the integrity of the data processing environment is maintained
- Support and oversee overall fraud quality control both monetary and non-monetary
- Assist manager in identifying need for and implementing procedural changes, assist in daily administration of team
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation, safeguarding Citigroup and its clients and assets
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years of experience in accounting, finance or business related area
- Chartered Accountant /CFA/MBA will be an advantage
- Experience in fund administration, change management, and/or project management
- Demonstrated Subject Matter Expert (SME) knowledge in related area
- Effective verbal and written English skills
- Proficient computer skills with a focus on Microsoft Office applications
- Details oriented
- A wonderful opportunity to gain in-depth specialty area knowledge with a solid understanding of industry standards and practices
- Cooperation with the biggest financial intermediaries across the world (500+ list), central banks and governments
- Intense development of your communication (both written and verbal) and diplomacy skills
- Working fully in English (language skills development) in a diverse team
- Constant on-the-job training which will give you end-to-end product knowledge
- Learning opportunities that are far from typical - internal and external training sessions, on-the-job trainings, free access to Udemy and other popular online training platforms, webinars, mentoring programs, business certificates well-known in the financial industry, co-financing courses and studies, soft skills and hard skills…you name it and we probably already have it ready and waiting for you
- Customized development programs for future and experienced managers
- We give you 2 extra days per year that you can spend on any training of your choice!
- At Citi we strongly believe in Diversity and Inclusion – if you do too, you can make the world better by joining one of our Employees Networks
- Attractive benefits package (Benefit System, medical care, pension plan etc.)
- A chance to make a difference with various affinity networks and charity initiatives
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.