CIB F&BM - Financial Planning & Analysis - Executive Director
You will be responsible for key financial measures such as revenues, expenses, headcount, and profitability modelling, where you will be expected to deliver value-added financial reporting and analysis to senior management and for use at senior forums. You will be expected to provide leadership in the FP&A space and interact regularly with multiple functional and business groups to identify issues and actionable opportunities, design solutions, and quantify/articulate the financial impact.
In this role, you would be responsible for:
- Financial budgeting, reporting, forecasting and analysis
- Efficiency reporting, analytics, and strategy - including, but not limited to – financials, Headcount, location strategy, reporting and analytics
- Creating financial business cases supporting business initiatives
- Developing and tracking performance metrics, creating presentations, and generally providing financial analysis on a variety of topics to senior management
- Oversight of the process to deliver month-end results, the forecast for the remainder of the year, and the budget for future years.
- Performing variance analysis to understand the key drivers of the results and presenting commentary to FP&A managers and line of business CFOs explaining changes from prior forecasts/budgets.
- Helping design new reports and dashboards to efficiently deliver the financial results to senior management
- Controls and process improvement
- Maintain a strong control environment, enhancing controls where needed, streamline processes, and introducing automation where possible
- Scope problems, identify major issues and actionable opportunities, design solutions, and quantify potential bottom-line financial impact
- Contribute to work plans to test/evaluate strategies and insights which could span process improvement, organizational change, and functional strategy efforts
- Identify and address potential roadblocks/obstacles and escalate issues as needed
- Team Leadership
- Lead the team including managing and influencing across several functions workstreams
- Collaborate with your team to maintain a consistent and high-quality delivery framework
- Develop junior team members both formally and informally, including serving as a mentor
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a subject of a technical nature
- Solid work experience, preferably in Financial Services, and/or accounting/controller background.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to analyse large data sets and articulate conclusions concisely
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate/visualize/present complex issues clearly and in a digestible fashion
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly motivated and able to thrive and think clearly under pressure and tight deadlines
- Integrity in handling highly sensitive and confidential information
- Attention to detail, ability to deep dive on processes/issues and improve controls/efficiencies and capable of challenging peers/upwards when needed
- Team player with the ability to be respected as a trusted partner across Business, and Functional Teams
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure, with an ability to be flexible in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Strong Influencing skills
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet. For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.