Consumer Receivables Accountant
Apple is a place where extraordinary people come together to do their best work. Together we build products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big!
Apple has been operating in Cork since 1980. We have grown to over 5,000 employees, serving our customers through a wide range of critical business functions, which are key to Apple’s continued success and growth in Ireland.
Partnership is important at Apple, and every day you will connect with and be supported by your peers and colleagues at one of the most diverse and expansive companies in the world.
Become a member of the wider finance team at Apple. With over 300 employees from a multitude of backgrounds, we support all functions of Apple in EMEIA, including Sales Fulfillment, Logistics, Manufacturing and Operations, Apple Music and Apple Retail as well as the Global Business Solutions (GBS) function.
Order to Cash is a team that supports Apple’s revenue generation and related cash collection across its varied lines of business – iTunes, Retail, Online Store & B2B. We are a team of 70 people within GBS that supports these functions for the business. The EMEIA Order to Cash team has counterparts in three other GBS locations Austin, Singapore & Shanghai.
This role is part of our O2C Consumer Receivables team. The successful candidate will own management of assigned reconciliation activity relating to Consumer activity. This includes ensuring all receivables due are received on time & matched accurately, collaborating closely with customer facing teams in resolving end customer financial queries, taking appropriate steps where variances are identified. Our team measures and reports its success on a monthly basis by reference to meeting the tight financial close schedule. This role will involve close interaction with external business partners, Order Management and divisional statutory accountants.
- Excellent communication, organisational & interpersonal skills
- Be a self-starter who is motivated, innovative and results-oriented
- Thrive working in a fast-paced environment and show flexibility in dealing with evolving situations.
- Strong collaborative approach with a focus on service
- Qualified Accountant / Part Qualified (with proven experience)
- Proven experience of developing and managing reports through e.g. SAP, Tableau
- Manage assigned reconciliation activity in line with internal service levels and corporate close schedule.
- Ensure high standards and practices across all areas of responsibility including timely actioning of fallout, issue partner concern and analytical review
- Participation in various project activity relating to Consumer Receivables expansion including the design and implementation of financial reconciliation processes
- Review current processes, seek out opportunities for efficiencies and drive continuous improvement through effective management of business partnerships
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external partners & customers.
Education & Experience
Qualified Accountant / Part Qualified (with proven experience)
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.